Hot dogs and burgers

RADDY1973

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger D2 780 Pro
So this is my first time doing Hot Dogs and Burgers on Traeger 780, im cooking at 170 to get some smokey flavour. What internal temps do you guys go for on Hot Dogs and Burgers.

Here's my burger notes ;

Burgers 450F
Rest at room temp 20min minimum
Drop patties, baste tops with glaze.
4min impossible flip, baste, add cheese.
4min beef flip, baste, add cheese.
7min turkey, baste, cheese.
Cook till done;
Beef & Impossible
Med Rare= 130F
Medium= 140F*
Med Well= 155F
Well Done= 165F+
Turkey/Chicken= 165F

Dogs, I cook till they look good.

Well they were the best hot dogs and burger ive had in a long time, cooked at 170 untill hit 120 internal then cranked up to 450 :)

My go-to for smash burgers is to Traeger the 6-8 oz seasoned balls at 200* for 30 minutes and finish them on a preheated cast iron skillet to get that great crust.

My last Traeger burgers were 2 quarter pounders smashed together to make 1/2lbs... seasoned up big time... Low for smoke, then cranked up... those were BAD@$$ indeed... LOVE burgers on Traeger

I usually do 1/4 or 1/3 lb stuffed burgers. Smoked at 180 for about 30 mins. And then seared for a minute or two per side. They come out in the medium-rare/medium range.

stuffed with what?

Great tip guys, this seems a great place to come for some sound advice :).

How much time for burgers at 170.

30-45 minutes to get he smoke then crank it up...

I use my Grill Grates for burgers and dogs at 450f all the way. Grate side up for grill marks or flip them over for some real smash burgers. Best tool I’ve purchased for the Traeger.

I use my Grill Grates for burgers and dogs at 450f all the way. Grate side up for grill marks or flip them over for some real smash burgers. Best tool I’ve purchased for the Traeger.
Can you get one for 780.

Back