Help! Hot 🥵 hot weather ahead. Will my cocker cook itself ?

monkey713

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Hi all,
New to this world, got my Ironwood 885 a couple of months ago and so far couldn’t be happier with it.
With summer at our door I am a bit worried, I live in a very, VERY hot place where temperatures reach 120+ for over 3 months and even though I have my grill under the shade and with a cover I am worried about the electronics in it.
Anyone here has any experience with this? Should I be worried ? Thanks in advance for any comments. 👍🏻

What you will find is that when the ambient temperature is high, it takes very little fuel to maintain grill temperature. I live near Chicago. When my Ironwood is in full sun, I have seen it reach a temperature of 155F before every igniting the grill. Thus, do not be surprised if you have trouble maintaining a cook temperature of 200F or below if the outside temperature is 120F.

Try to place your grill in a shaded location. You can also do your cooks after the sun goes down. One nice thing about the Ironwood is that you should be able to start as cook at bedtime and let it run unattended until morning. That is a great way to beat the heat.

Like he said, the only issue you will have is if you are trying too cooking something at a very low temp. Every so often people come on here wanting to trash their pellet grill because it won't stay at 170 degrees. When it is likely already 140 degrees inside before they lit the fire.

Like he said, the only issue you will have is if you are trying too cooking something at a very low temp. Every so often people come on here wanting to trash their pellet grill because it won't stay at 170 degrees. When it is likely already 140 degrees inside before they lit the fire.
Great words of wisdom.
Usually we see...,words with NO THOUGHT
"Verbal diarea"
Think about it people

I believe the electronics will be fine considering they are fairly close to an grill that has the ability to grill at 500°F.
Good other feedback above. The title threw my off though. “will my cocker cook itself?” I thought you had a issue with your cocker spaniel. :)

Humidity is more detrimental to the electronics than the heat. Try to keep it in the shade and you'll be fine.

Back