Help - Ironwood 885

Allan V

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Good Morning,

Wondering if anyone can help, please.

I am based in South Africa and Traeger is fairly new here and resources / spares are limited.

I have picked up a Er5 error and it appears that my Hot Rod is gone. I am trying to order a replacement and having some difficulty finding a replacement. I can find them on Amazon but the compatibility with my model seems unclear.

Could any users who are experienced in the replacement of a Hot Rod please give me some guidance on which Hot Rod is the correct one for this model. Given the shipping costs etc. I would rather not waste money on shipping the incorrect part.

Also, does anyone know if there is any form of temporary repair that can be made to the hot rod as I am very bummed about having to wait for new spares to arrived given that I use my Traeger at least 3 times a week.

Thanks in advance.

Good Morning,

Wondering if anyone can help, please.

I am based in South Africa and Traeger is fairly new here and resources / spares are limited.

I have picked up a Er5 error and it appears that my Hot Rod is gone. I am trying to order a replacement and having some difficulty finding a replacement. I can find them on Amazon but the compatibility with my model seems unclear.

Could any users who are experienced in the replacement of a Hot Rod please give me some guidance on which Hot Rod is the correct one for this model. Given the shipping costs etc. I would rather not waste money on shipping the incorrect part.

Also, does anyone know if there is any form of temporary repair that can be made to the hot rod as I am very bummed about having to wait for new spares to arrived given that I use my Traeger at least 3 times a week.

Thanks in advance.

I got one from directigniter.com. Give them a try.

Back in the day I lived in Sandton ( a long time ago), you need a Kit #0255 (or Equivalent) D2 IronWood Hot Rod If you Have a D2 Controller
  • Replacement Hot Rod
  • Compatible with Pro 575 & 780, Ironwood 650 & 885, Timberline 850 & 1300 (Gen 2 only), Silverton 620 & 810, and Century 885 grills
On the other hand If you have an older Model Ironwood then the BAC 432 (Kit 0088) Non Gen 2.
Try https://www.ubuy.za.com/ for Parts in SA..
Good luck and welcome to the Traeger Forum...

Hey Allen,
Does it not work at all or just takes a long time to light up? I had to extend the hotrod protrusion on my Timberline by about 1/2" to get it to light consistently. Hopefully you get a replacement hotrod that works. In the mean time, you can light it up with a propane torch.

Back in the day I lived in Sandton ( a long time ago), you need a Kit #0255 (or Equivalent) D2 IronWood Hot Rod If you Have a D2 Controller
  • Replacement Hot Rod
  • Compatible with Pro 575 & 780, Ironwood 650 & 885, Timberline 850 & 1300 (Gen 2 only), Silverton 620 & 810, and Century 885 grills
On the other hand If you have an older Model Ironwood then the BAC 432 (Kit 0088) Non Gen 2.
Try https://www.ubuy.za.com/ for Parts in SA..
Good luck and welcome to the Traeger Forum...
Thanks for your reply John,

Mine is the D2. I do have someone who can order it for me in the US and will then DHL it to me so just need to be sure I am getting the correct parts.

One other question that did occur to me is that we have 220 Volt here. Would that be an issue?

Thanks again

No, the 220 is covered by the Power supply in the unit.
BTW: I got the Info off the Traeger web site, if your unit is under Warranty then it should be covered...
Get ahold of Traeger CS, they would ship it to you...

No, the 220 is covered by the Power supply in the unit.
BTW: I got the Info off the Traeger web site, if your unit is under Warranty then it should be covered...
Get ahold of Traeger CS, they would ship it to you...
Thanks very much.

I will try and speak to them on Monday.

No input on the question, but I just have to say YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Back