Hello from Navarre Beach

Jenniferinfla

Reaction score
Grill
Homestead
I haven’t been able to use my grill yet because the power cord is too short I need to know what gauge type extension cord I should use?

I haven’t been able to use my grill yet because the power cord is too short I need to know what gauge type extension cord I should use?

If you just need a short distance, the power cable plugs in under the hopper and can be replaced with a longer version, the cable is the same as a computer power cable which are available in various lengths. (I changed mine to a 5 Meter one so I did not have a plug joint in the weather) Or you can use a standard 10 amp extension lead.

I use a standard 5 meter extension cord but now, thanks to magoo40, I might change the whole cable thus eliminating the 'plug in the weather'.

If you just need a short distance, the power cable plugs in under the hopper and can be replaced with a longer version, the cable is the same as a computer power cable which are available in various lengths. (I changed mine to a 5 Meter one so I did not have a plug joint in the weather) Or you can use a standard 10 amp extension lead.

REALLY WOW- my neighbor who knows nothing about grilling said probably need a heavy duty 18 gauge extension cord?‍♀️
And I can’t even find an 18 gauge

Welcome to the forum! What model of Traeger do you have? The new ones don’t use much power so a decent outdoor extension cord should be fine.

Homestead

Attachments

• 5AC8CC87-53A3-4FB5-9627-65F1433D6C27.jpeg
    5AC8CC87-53A3-4FB5-9627-65F1433D6C27.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 30
They don't use that much power. I think you would be fine with something like this:

Welcome to the Traeger Club!

Back