Heavy Stainless steel drip trays and heat shields

Just an update on my personal experience with this pan on my Timberline 850. After only a couple of months this pan has terribly warped. It's so thick and heavy that I can't fix it. I cook and low and high Temps (450F) and apparently the pan doesn't like it. It also vaporizes foil liners.

This said, I'm tossing it and going back to my previous stock pan setup with modified baffle under it.

Just my two cents!

Just an update on my personal experience with this pan on my Timberline 850. After only a couple of months this pan has terribly warped. It's so thick and heavy that I can't fix it. I cook and low and high Temps (450F) and apparently the pan doesn't like it. It also vaporizes foil liners.

This said, I'm tossing it and going back to my previous stock pan setup with modified baffle under it.

Just my two cents!

Wish you would have messaged me instead of posting something publicly.
I would like to see this tray and see what I can do about it.

Wish you would have messaged me instead of posting something publicly.
I would like to see this tray and see what I can do about it.
Sorry, but I just report what I experience, good and bad. The plate has twisted significantly from the heat. I will also mention that adding the plate also induced temperature stability issues as well. This may be due to my insulation of the barrel, and the higher thermal mass of that big chunk of steel, leading to the controller having trouble regulating temperature. I'll post photos of the plate next time I'm in the grill.

Just my two cents!
Sorry, but I just report what I experience, good and bad. The plate has twisted significantly from the heat. I will also mention that adding the plate also induced temperature stability issues as well. This may be due to my insulation of the barrel, and the higher thermal mass of that big chunk of steel, leading to the controller having trouble regulating temperature. I'll post photos of the plate next time I'm in the grill.

WOW, great to hear from you my friend!!!

I've used the stainless steel drip tray and stainless steel heat shield weekly for six months and I ONLY cook hot and fast at 500˚F. During this time I have not experienced a single issue with warping. Zero complaints and only praise. Out with the rusty, crappy, sheet steel and in with the stainless. Two thumbs up.

I build these to order for almost every traeger grill. Send me a message with your grill model and zip code and I can get you a quote.
These are built out of heavy 304 stainless so
No more rust
No more warping so less apt to catch fire
No more hotspots
Looking forward to talking to all of you
I have a Timberline 1300 zip 73012

Can you send me a picture of the drip tray in the grill please?

Hey Shawn, interested in a quote for the set for a BBQ075 to 30230. Cheers!

Metals are prone to heat warping when thermal conductivity is low or thermal coefficient of expansion (TCE) is high. Austenitic steels such as 304 combine the worst of both worlds. TCE is a third higher and thermal conductivity a third lower than typical carbon steel.

I had the same problem in my old Texas grill for the heat diffuser. A stainless job seemed smart until it warped (1/8 plate). Replaced with a heavy carbon steel plate and no more warping.

I've had mine for 6 months or so and done numerous cooks on it. Very happy with mine. It also evened out the ambient temp of my pit. Before with would vary up to 15 degrees from one end to the other. Now it's within 5.
I will say that I don't do high temp cooks on mine. Rarely above 250 and never above 300 so there's that.

I build these to order for almost every traeger grill. Send me a message with your grill model and zip code and I can get you a quote.
These are built out of heavy 304 stainless so
No more rust
No more warping so less apt to catch fire
No more hotspots
Looking forward to talking to all of you
Hello, do you still do the stainless steel drip pans? I am interested in getting a quote, I have model # TFB29PLB, and my zip code is 29575. Thank you!

Hello, do you still do the stainless steel drip pans? I am interested in getting a quote, I have model # TFB29PLB, and my zip code is 29575. Thank you!
Is this a Jr model?

Back