Heavy Stainless steel drip trays and heat shields

Thank you. I appreciate the feed back and I am glad you like the design.
You will love the performance!!

Just installed my new shield and drip pan, wow, beautiful work Shawn! The pan has a rear down tab that positively locks the pan in place into the rear square steel loop. This far exceeds the original pan design.

Now to cook something!
It doesn’t look like you actually locked it into the loop though. Your photos show it sitting below it.

He is right. That tab hooks into that loop to give the pan more of a drainage slope back to front.

I did that to show the loop and tab. With the tab in the loop, the pan sits perfectly, great drain angle, and mating with front drip channel. Plus, it still provides good airflow around the sides and rear.

Last edited:
I recieved mine last week. The box is heavy like 23 or 24 pounds. That doesn't really do them justice until you open the box and that is when the quality of the parts really hits you. They fit like a glove and I have no doubt that they will outlast my Ironwood. I've changed the foil I line with a couple times now and it still catches me offguard on the heft of both the heatsheild and drip tray.

I recieved mine last week. The box is heavy like 23 or 24 pounds. That doesn't really do them justice until you open the box and that is when the quality of the parts really hits you. They fit like a glove and I have no doubt that they will outlast my Ironwood. I've changed the foil I line with a couple times now and it still catches me offguard on the heft of both the heatsheild and drip tray.

Every time I go to pull it out to vacuum the IW885, I forget how heavy duty it is. Oooh, oh yeah, I got the lifetime drip pan. :ROFLMAO:

I would hate to see what the price is today after Shawn was hit with the price increase for the metal. Ouch!
Yes you would. This one really hurt.
Price goes up and everyone else makes their money and I make less and less to try to keep these available

I thought I'd report back after several cooks, Salmon at 450F and Chicken parts at 400F.

My 850 is modified with ceramic wool insulation between all the double walls.

Ignition at setting of 400, grill slowly creeps up to temp, over 20min. Then it overshoots to 410-420 and doesn't want to come down. I now set it to 380F at ignition and it's now around 400.

Ignition at setting of 450F, grill slowly rose to 500+. The heavy duty foil lining that I placed on the drip tray vaporized.

So, with insulation and this additional heavy thermal mass gives my controller a workout that it can't handle well.

Anyhow, it's solid as a rock, I just need to compensate with lower settings.

I was interested in getting a drip tray and fire shield replacement for my cosco Silverton 810
Thank you!

I build these to order for almost every traeger grill. Send me a message with your grill model and zip code and I can get you a quote.
These are built out of heavy 304 stainless so
No more rust
No more warping so less apt to catch fire
No more hotspots
Looking forward to talking to all of you
I would like quote for my Silverton 810 for the tray and heat shield. I am in zip code 29407
Thnaks

I build these to order for almost every traeger grill. Send me a message with your grill model and zip code and I can get you a quote.
These are built out of heavy 304 stainless so
No more rust
No more warping so less apt to catch fire
No more hotspots
Looking forward to talking to all of you
Pro 780
Zip 89011

Can I get a quote?

Latest Discussions

Back