Help! Heat running very high

Brhunter1

Reaction score
Grill
pro 34
I have a pro 34 after cleaning it now on smoke or any temp setting it rises to 400 untill i shut it down i called treager and they are sending a new probe i have seen other comments about this and see it could be a controller i cant find a procedure to test for certain there is 15 degree difference between the probe and controler readings my auger also seems to run solid with the little fan as well no pausing

If the probe is reading the grill temp, it's not the probe. It's the controller most likely as it displays the temp, it's just not able to control the auger.

If the probe is reading the grill temp, it's not the probe. It's the controller most likely as it displays the temp, it's just not able to control the auger.
Thank you is their a wat to yest the controller

a way to test the controller??? Sounds to me like it already failed the test
But I'll let the experts chime in

Looking at this model, I think the auger motor is just on or off, switched by the controller. If it runs continuously, it is logical to blame the controller. The higher end models have reversible DC steppers motors on the auger, they are variable and reversible. I believe your auger motor is a basic geared down AC motor.

Just educated guessing here but I had a Junior and it was basic like this.

Latest Discussions

Back