Grilling accessories

Fishon6730

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Just purchased a Traeger IW 650 and looking for some grilling accessories. Spatula, tongs etc.

I was thinking I didn't want any metal accessories for fear of damaging - scratching the grates. And have been looking for some some high temp nylon to keep the grates in good condition. Am I over thinking this?

Any suggestions for grilling accessories i can hang on the Traeger?

Tongs are a great thing to have. just make sure they have rounded edges where it grabs what you are cooking so you do not pierce the meat and make the juices run out. Sams Club has great restaurant quality tongs for about $4 for a pair.

A grill grubber will do a great job of cleaning the grates too.

Tongs are a great thing to have. just make sure they have rounded edges where it grabs what you are cooking so you do not pierce the meat and make the juices run out. Sams Club has great restaurant quality tongs for about $4 for a pair.
Those are the EXACT tongs I have, use very cook

just got that grill grubber too

Those are the EXACT tongs I have, use very cook

just got that grill grubber too

They are heavy duty and so much better than the ones you find in grocery stores. They last forever (at least till you lose one or loan it out).

smiley-signs064.gif
Here they are all the time

20210106_164801.jpg

I was kind of worried about using anything metal on the grates. But I'm probably over thinking this...

I was kind of worried about using anything metal on the grates. But I'm probably over thinking this...

I say most people don't "think" enough... so OVER thinking is a good thing ;)

I grabbed a pair of Traeger tongs, I like the larger grip area in the tips as well as the longer handles with wood trim.

I ended up ordering the Traeger grilling spatula, tongs and 2 chicken thrones. Can't wait to try those!

Those are bad ass gloves! I just use thin cotton gloves under disposable heavy duty Nitrile gloves that I get from my local auto parts store. Working around the Traeger hasn't felt all that hot when working with the big cuts of meat that I grab by hand.

I had almost the exact same gloves for pulling butts and anything heat... Got my Traeger, took them outside and lost one of them...
aargh4.gif

Now where would 1 rubber glove disappear to??? probably one of my dogs grabbed it and tore it up somewhere licking the grease off it...

I had almost the exact same gloves for pulling butts and anything heat... Got my Traeger, took them outside and lost one of them... View attachment 3759

Now where would 1 rubber glove disappear to??? probably one of my dogs grabbed it and tore it up somewhere licking the grease off it...
Check the socks....they seem to have that trend too. I never trusted the socks

Latest Discussions

Back