Grill Thermometer

KevinJ

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I'm looking for an insta-read grill thermometer. One of the hand held models. Anyone have experiences with a good one they could recommend?

Eventually, I want another Wifi thermometer because the 575 only came with the capacity to have one temp probe. Most of those look like $200 though.

Kj

I'm looking for an insta-read grill thermometer. One of the hand held models. Anyone have experiences with a good one they could recommend?

Eventually, I want another Wifi thermometer because the 575 only came with the capacity to have one temp probe. Most of those look like $200 though.

Kj

Thermapen MK4 is considered one of the, if not the best, insta-read thermometers ... https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4

Kj
Have both and works great!!!

Have both and works great!!!

When we bought the Thermapen MK4, they were offering the ThermoPop at a great discount as an "add-on" purchase, so we picked up both :)

Kj
I have the Thermapen dual probe and wouldn't be without it. And btw, make sure you calibrate the Traeger probe. Once calibrated they are handy for many jobs (mine was out 15F) AND my wife 'borrows' it to check the evening meal.

I have the Thermapen dual probe and wouldn't be without it. And btw, make sure you calibrate the Traeger probe. Once calibrated they are handy for many jobs (mine was out 15F) AND my wife 'borrows' it to check the evening meal.

How do you calibrate the traeger probe?

I can not find the Thermapen dual probe? Do you have a link for it?

+1 for the MK4. For accurate meat probes I have both Weber iGrill2 and Fireboard and like both.

Kj
This is not a handheld, but I love it. It has dual probes, is accurate, and comes with a remote that you can see both probe temps and receive alarms on. Highly recommend it. I use it in addition to the single probe on my Traeger, allowing me to cook to different doneness as individually desired. ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer with Dual Probe for Smoker Grill BBQ Thermometer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GE77QT0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lR83EbC97VJMH $57

Last edited:
I ended up getting the ThermoWorks Dot and TheroPop, Both are stupidly simple, have very high reviews and are not very expensive. And were/are on sale!

I have them both and use Dot to compare Grill Temp probe when I think it maybe off and on sale is a +++

Back