Grill temperature

Dcgunman

Reaction score
Grill
Century 885
So for the most part my C885 internal grill temperature is close to good. Except for the left side. It’s always 25-50 higher. My T chimney is located on the left side. Would adjusting the chimney roof have anything to do with the temperature on the left side. I’m thinking more wind (air) pushing through. Looks to be over an inch.

So for the most part my C885 internal grill temperature is close to good. Except for the left side. It’s always 25-50 higher. My T chimney is located on the left side. Would adjusting the chimney roof have anything to do with the temperature on the left side. I’m thinking more wind (air) pushing through. Looks to be over an inch.
The gap should be about a thumb thickness, around 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch.

I made a baffle and it works awesome for more even temps inside, plus my cap is almost level with the stack, but I don't recommend you violate Traeger. ( I am but hey, that's me)

My baffle is SS bent in almost an L shape with various cutouts to allow flow but no TOO MUCH to get the left side that hot anymore.

20210403_152055.jpg

20210403_152129.jpg

That’s Some Strong Fabricating Mister!

Yes, I wish I could find someone to make something like that for me. I tried when Slim first posted this.
So what went wrong??? I can make one for ya, we both got 575 so it would be a copy basically... shipping it, that's the biggest deal. However Amazon sends me batteries in a 12" square box with 99% stuffing!!! :ROFLMAO: green.... My @$$

So what went wrong??? I can make one for ya, we both got 575 so it would be a copy basically... shipping it, that's the biggest deal. However Amazon sends me batteries in a 12" square box with 99% stuffing!!! :ROFLMAO: green.... My @$$
Slim, if you'll make one for me I'll happily pay for it including shipping! Just name your price!

I made a baffle and it works awesome for more even temps inside, plus my cap is almost level with the stack, but I don't recommend you violate Traeger. ( I am but hey, that's me)

My baffle is SS bent in almost an L shape with various cutouts to allow flow but no TOO MUCH to get the left side that hot anymore.

View attachment 7042

View attachment 7043
So do you think this would take care of my Century 885’s left side being 25deg higher?

So do you think this would take care of my Century 885’s left side being 25deg higher?
It helps a lot, it won't "cure" anything. It baffles the fan from blowing heat straight to the left side. I have found NO interference in the function of my grill in anyway from this. I get much more "evenly" done meat on a full rack.
The very front and very back are still real high in temps but that's in every grill, heat rises around the drip pan.
The convection action of Traeger means there will always be heat moving all over the place, finding areas to travel. It's not an indoor oven.

It helps a lot, it won't "cure" anything. It baffles the fan from blowing heat straight to the left side. I have found NO interference in the function of my grill in anyway from this. I get much more "evenly" done meat on a full rack.
The very front and very back are still real high in temps but that's in every grill, heat rises around the drip pan.
The convection action of Traeger means there will always be heat moving all over the place, finding areas to travel. It's not an indoor oven.
What size SS did you use? I can get SS from my work. Scrapes from our metal shop that we can take home, otherwise thrown away.

Mine was 24ga, but that was a real beeetch to cut, I'm gonna try 26ga next, that's what RemE used in his baffle

Back