Grill Eye Pro Thermometer

dkmoody

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 620
Does anyone own one of these (8) port units? With it being sold at Costco, it should have the 2 year Costco warranty.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance but I am not looking for links to the Fireboard product or Thermowrks.

GrillMeister

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
Looks like a great deal. I have not tried one as I sprung for a Fireboard that supports my Traegers and Big Green Eggs.

Great price!

OP
OP
dkmoody

dkmoody

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 620
While this unit appears to be untested here, because its available from Costco with typically a two year return policy, I will pick it up.

I will do an unboxing and run it in parallel with both Traeger meat and ambient temps and my other units for a couple tests.

Will post progress along the way.

SmokinAL

Reaction score
Grill
Texas Elite 34
While this unit appears to be untested here, because its available from Costco with typically a two year return policy, I will pick it up.

I will do an unboxing and run it in parallel with both Traeger meat and ambient temps and my other units for a couple tests.

I looked at these when i was making my decision to buy a thermometer under $100. I went with the Thermopro TP-27 from Amazon. I felt like it was just something else to keep my phone tied to me. I try to unplug when I'm cooking, So I wanted a unit that did not hook to my phone.

Slimpicker

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide

Thank You and good luck.... look for a way to test probe accuracy, and see if the software has a probe adjustment of + or -... Fireboard has this feature and to be fair I think everyone should. What is the Probe temp RANGE on this unit??? does it go to 500°? I couldn't find that anywhere either. or maybe I just didn't see it.

After all, whatever you are buying is for TEMP accuracy or you might be eating bad meat... The diff between a good brisket is only 10°, the diff in chicken blood is only 15°, and if you don't think something could be that far off, then buy a Thermopro TP-19 and take your chicken off at 165° ... it was raw inside

I downloaded the APP to look for these things and it won't leave the 'connect to device' screen, so I didn't find anything there.

SmokinAL

Reaction score
Grill
Texas Elite 34
Thank You and good luck.... look for a way to test probe accuracy, and see if the software has a probe adjustment of + or -... Fireboard has this feature and to be fair I think everyone should. What is the Probe temp RANGE on this unit??? does it go to 500°? I couldn't find that anywhere either. or maybe I just didn't see it.

After all, whatever you are buying is for TEMP accuracy or you might be eating bad meat... The diff between a good brisket is only 10°, the diff in chicken blood is only 15°, and if you don't think something could be that far off, then buy a Thermopro TP-19 and take your chicken off at 165° ... it was raw inside

I downloaded the APP to look for these things and it won't leave the 'connect to device' screen, so I didn't find anything there.

slimpicker you’ve had bad experiences with Thermopro? Ive tested mine against an instant read and a analog thermometer and they were all within 1 degree of each other.

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Does anyone own one of these (8) port units? With it being sold at Costco, it should have the 2 year Costco warranty.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance but I am not looking for links to the Fireboard product or Thermowrks.

My thoughts,

1- Weird main unit design, not sure I'd want a rolling thermometer.
2- Probes look HUGE, means you'll be threading the connectors thru the small traeger side hole.
3- Great price.

dunawayfamily

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 780

Interested to see your review after you've had some time to use the device ... the number of 1- and 2-star reviews on the Costco website, along with some of the specific feedback given in those reviews, would give me pause to purchase, but agreed that the return policy makes it "no risk" ...

Slimpicker

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
slimpicker you’ve had bad experiences with Thermopro? Ive tested mine against an instant read and a analog thermometer and they were all within 1 degree of each other.

AT ROOM TEMP, 70°

20210201_164012.jpg

Closed it and sat down at my computer, opened it again...

20210201_164425.jpg

THE END

Latest Discussions