Grill cuts off in one minute

mwf

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
My grill shuts down one minute after I start it up and see menu. Any ideas? Bad control unit?

MikeyR

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Is it an Ironwood? Check out this thread:

OP
OP
mwf

mwf

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Is it an Ironwood? Check out this thread:

Thx..Sounds like same issue I am having and the same difficulty I am having reaching customer service. Will keep trying to reach CS as it appears a controller replacement is the solution...mwf

dunawayfamily

Reaction score
Grill
PRO 780
Thx..Sounds like same issue I am having and the same difficulty I am having reaching customer service. Will keep trying to reach CS as it appears a controller replacement is the solution...mwf

Some folks have had success doing a Factory Reset of the WiFIRE Controller (assuming they can navigate to the right spot before it shuts off ...) ... Settings->About Grill-> push in the Dial button for up to 5 seconds until you see the Traeger logo appear on display ... release button ... tap Menu button to "wake up" ... then I would power cycle ...

OP
OP
mwf

mwf

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Well.....

Called customer service at 3:00pm EDT and was told a 2 hour hold time, so I requested a call back which came at 9:00pm EDT. The agent was great and very helpful. He determined I needed a new control unit which I requested via express shipping due to my need of the grill for a family party on Memorial Day (Three days from now). He agreed, but after checking he informed me the part is back ordered with no estimated date for receipt.

I expressed my significant disappointment with Traeger and requested a call back from a Traeger Senior Leader to express my frustration. I declined the offer to fill out a feedback form which I firmly feel would have little impact. Vegas odds on a Traeger Senior Leader calling me back...100:1..

Summary of my four month old Traeger experience;

*. Grill performance - excellent
* Customer support - poor