Grease Leak

BobbyQ

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650, Cuisinart Flat Top, Weber Genisis
Finished a weekday brisket yesterday and didn't feel like cleaning the grill. Just tidied up and dumped the water pan. But I noticed an oil spot on the ground at the left front leg. Then I found an accumulation on my cedar shelf. When I looked inside at the grease channel I could see daylight. Pictures attached. Also attached a shot under the barrel. Anyone else come across this? Might need to call CS.
By the way I checked the Troubleshooting link in the "Read This First" post and the "Grease Leaking" link came up empty "Page Not Found".

Attachments

• 20210717_175723.jpg
    20210717_175723.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210717_175733.jpg
    20210717_175733.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210717_175822.jpg
    20210717_175822.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210717_175855_LI.jpg
    20210717_175855_LI.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 37
I haven’t seen that before. Call CS.

I found this on the web site.

https://www.traeger.com/support/grease-leaks

I guess I'll go through the steps first. Thing is, I cleaned the grill before the last cook. I used a water pan for the brisket so not much grease got down to the tray. To me, it looks like the trough is split but I won't know for sure until I get it apart.. More to follow...

"Read This First" post and the "Grease Leaking" link came up empty "Page Not Found".

Traeger did some moving of their pages, for the most part the links still worked but I'll fix this one... THNX

it works now

Yes, I had the issue of grease leak on my new Siverton 620 after my first grill. But on the rear (back side) of the grill. Asked over on the FB rookie forum. Someone mentioned if my grill was level. I checked and no it wasn’t level to the ground. So the grease would collect on the side rails an flow down to the back and down the backside of the unit. I also noticed grease flowing down the back side from the down vents. Nothing to worry about. But I had a different issue with my 620. Traeger is shipping me a brand new 620 this Tuesday.

If the channel is split, that would do it, that's a first! If you see light thru it, that's a problem. For sure, take good pictures and call support.

Traeger did some moving of their pages, for the most part the links still worked but I'll fix this one... THNX

it works now
Yeah. I found it. Thanks

If the channel is split, that would do it, that's a first! If you see light thru it, that's a problem. For sure, take good pictures and call support.

Right. I’ll know more when I get the grill off. It’s hard to imagine it splitting considering the operating temperatures of the grill.

Back