glitch when using app via phone

mickeykool

Reaction score
Grill
Gen II Timberline 1300 / Texas 34
Has anyone else noticed that if u adjust temp settings on the phone the T sometimes shuts down w/o any warning? This have happened to me a few times. I'm starting to suspect a glitch via app.

Yup. U have to close the app and re open it. I haven't had my smoker shut down. I haven't been using the app until they fix it. I have called and gave input in regards to the app issues as well as being able to access our cloud based cooks and 2 timers with the ability to count up and down.

Last edited:
How have you managed to give input on the app? I have a few things I’d like to tell them, too!

How have you managed to give input on the app? I have a few things I’d like to tell them, too!

I called the Traeger customer service line. I have called many times and I had one girl who was very helpful out of all the calls I placed. When I bought my ironwood on April 1, I also ordered a cover as they gave it to me at 50% off. Well ,the dealer still hasn't got the cover so she took care of it by sending me one as a courtesy and free of charge. She took my feedback regarding the the app and was honest regarding the firmware updates. Once again out of 6 calls she was the only one who actually seemed to know anything and was more than willing to help. I still haven't received my cover from the dealer lol.

Last edited:
I had an app issue for the first time ever with my timberline this week. I set the probe alarm and it never went off. Then about 6-8 hours after my cook (smoker completely off) I got two alerts about 5 min apart that my probe and hit my target temp. Good thing I was awake and paying attention because it was an over night brisket cook.

Yup it can be buggy at times and other times it's ok. They need to sort it out

I have two issues with the app. For some reason, I always seem to hit the "keep warm" button. They should make it smaller and put the button in a different place.

The next issue has to do with the alarm. The alarm should continue until you turn it off. I hate the fact that it beeps once and that's it!

Last edited:
I had an app issue for the first time ever with my timberline this week. I set the probe alarm and it never went off. Then about 6-8 hours after my cook (smoker completely off) I got two alerts about 5 min apart that my probe and hit my target temp. Good thing I was awake and paying attention because it was an over night brisket cook.
You got an alert? The only way I actually get “alerts” is if the phone is on and the app is active. The local dealer even said its the expected behavior.

Latest Discussions

Back