Getting a gnu Ironwood home and on the deck

Beaser

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
My Ironwood is on the way and I should be able to pick it up tues. Can anyone tell me how the big wheels ride on grass, I know the small casters will dig in. So we'll have to carry it or drag it on the big wheels while holding the small casters above ground. Will the handles support the weight, they certainly look sturdy.. Any advice to make it easier.

Bryan

I dragged mine (650 model) across 100 ft of lawn, then up several steps on a couple of 2x6 planks onto the patio.

No problem with the big wheels on grass

Yup the large wheels are good on grass. You will have to lift up on the shelf to keep the small casters from digging in.

Got it off the truck and built in a very short time frame. I was impresses with the packaging and ease of assembly. It rolled over 75 feet of lawn with no problems. I was even more impressed when I did the burn in . I have to spend more time working out the wifi issues. I loaded a wifi network detector app on my phone and it shows decent strength on the deck (2.4 ghz band)

The reason I asked so many questions is I have to work smart to get things done that require strength and dexterity. I'm a gimp. wasn't always but I are one now o_O Anyway thank you Steevo and Mr Whatnot

That grill is amazing. My old junior was like sitting at the kids table at a party.

Does anyone have difficulty getting the Traeger cover on the 650. It's doable now but on a cold day it'll be a b*tch

Does anyone have difficulty getting the Traeger cover on the 650. It's doable now but on a cold day it'll be a b*tch
Morning. The cover fits nicely and can be tough in the beginning. I find the easiest way is to start putting it on the shelf side first, then the hopper side. To take it off, lift it off the hopper side first then the shelf side will come up once the cover clears the hopper.

Morning. The cover fits nicely and can be tough in the beginning. I find the easiest way is to start putting it on the shelf side first, then the hopper side. To take it off, lift it off the hopper side first then the shelf side will come up once the cover clears the hopper.

Same for the 885.

I agree about the fit of the cover, it fits like a well tailored suit. I was looking ahead to a cold day with me outside with no jacket swearing at a stiff piece of plastic.

Does anyone have a recommended aftermarket cover for the Ironwood 650? The Traeger one is too tight of a fit and I'm getting tired of wrestling with it in cold weather.

Back