Gasket seal

CampWhatnot

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650
Lavalock Seal - https://www.amazon.com/Lavalock-Nom...ps,167&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&tag=modifiedco06-20

----
Hey Gang!

Just wondering if anyone has sealed the sides of their ironwood lid with gasket material yet. I'm thinking I will install a felt gasket material on mine on Monday after I use it over the weekend. I have always sealed my Weber grills and Smokey mountains and I think I should have enough left over in stock so I figure why not. In time I suppose the grease build up will help the lid but....

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon is dropping some off to me today. I’ve only used mine once and already see smoke leaking out of the lid. Contemplating adding a couple washers between the top hinge and body to give it a little space for the gasket.

I think the gap near the hinges will seal off with grease and smoke. The sides are a larger gap so I'm thinking I will seal it up. It works good on Weber's so it should be good on the this.

I haven't done it, but have considered doing the same. I've noticed the sides have started sealing after a couple months of use now.

I put a gasket all the way around the lid. Seems to help keep temps more stable. Used lava rock seal.

Congrats. It will definitely help. I put gaskets on all my charcoal grills and it does help stabilize temps and a bit of fuel. I'm hoping to gasket my pellet over the next week.

I followed your link to the LavaLock on Amazon. Got it installed on Thursday and used it Friday. It worked really well.

I do notice that my gasket has it's own smoke ring now! HA!

Big green egg gasket instalked

Attachments

• 363D4EA4-603F-4BAA-8CB3-32918AADF1F5.jpeg
    363D4EA4-603F-4BAA-8CB3-32918AADF1F5.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 4,578

Latest Discussions

Back