Gasket seal

I did this lava rock gasket seal on my pro 22 and it held smoke great. My thin little lid was warped and it bugged me that smoke with slip out of it.. once the gasket was around it.. only the chimney smoked. Its lasted for about 1.5 year but slowly deteriorating.. so I think its time to do a clean strip and re-seal worth it.

I did this lava rock gasket seal on my pro 22 and it held smoke great. My thin little lid was warped and it bugged me that smoke with slip out of it.. once the gasket was around it.. only the chimney smoked. Its lasted for about 1.5 year but slowly deteriorating.. so I think its time to do a clean strip and re-seal worth it.
How wide is the strip that is being used?

Planning on ordering some gasket. Can anyone tell me the difference between the black and gray?

Planning on ordering some gasket. Can anyone tell me the difference between the black and gray?
This won't help, but I chose black for aesthetics. And it was what I used on my older pro22 and worked well for me.

I used the FireBlack34 gasket, works really well for me these past few months

I installed a felt gasket on my Pro 575 and it made a big difference. Should be a standard feature on every Traeger grill.

I just got a notice email from UPS that the new lid for Ironwood 885 has finally shipped from Traeger. I guess it was on backorder for a month or two. I don't expect it to seal any better than my existing lid, so I have some Lava Lock on hand and will put it on while the new lid is still perfectly clean. I suppose there is a slim chance that the new lid fits better, but not gonna hold my breath on it.

Just added the Lava Lock gasket to my new Ironwood. After my first cook with it I can see a the impact on sealing the drum as there is a dark line that is visible along the seal where the exposed portion is still clean like it just came out of the package. No adjustment to hinges on mine were necessary

Just ordered some fireblack gasket. Did you guys clean your lid with anything to help the adhesion process?

Back