Gasket seal

I looked on amazon for green egg gasket, there is so many to choose from. Do you remember what one you bought?

I added the Lava Lock gasket to my lid, and it made a big difference in the sealing. The only place I see smoke escape is the back vents, and sometimes the grease drip spout.

Did you see a difference in temp?

It will help when winter arrives lol. It does help in the summer
Did you see a difference in temp?

It's difficult to see a difference during the summer however it will save some fuel. It will help more in the winter once it gets cold and windy. That's also the time to put a thermal blanket on it or a welding blanket.

We weren’t having issues with temps so it has held pretty solid. We can also get up to searing temps well above 400 when needed as well

OK, reason i ask is cause at 500 on mine, internal was 450. but new firmware just rolled out and now i'm at 01.01.02 - 06.006 instead of 01.01.01 - 06 004. But still gonna do this anyways, order the seal from amazon last night.

Thank You

C956B7A7-78F8-43B3-84A8-5436BEDD9E86.jpeg
6C9602E8-6CA5-43D9-81B9-ADD9D385CE74.jpeg
I ordered the gasket off amazon. I never really noticed a problem with temp I just wanted to keep smoke from escaping. So far so good I definitely noticed less smoke coming out of the lid.

I love how the lid closes like a fridge door! it seems solid now! Love it.

PS: that reminds me, I need to cook more ring sausage and kraut!

I'll probably do this this weekend on my 885. It seems kind of stupid to put a gasket on just one part of the lid, yet on the Timberline, they do all sides.

Product differentiation perhaps? Still, why bother with just one side?

Any feedback on how the gaskets stood up over the past few months. Is the Lavalock the way to go?

Working great since May. We have grilled at least once a week. Just devoured Skirt Steak Fajitas tonight. Seals well, and closes like a fridge door.

Latest Discussions

Back