Pellets Furtado Farms Pellets ??

RustyJake

⚒️ Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Has anyone had the opportunity to try the pellets from Furtado Farms in Ontario Canada?
Not sure how 'new' their entry in the pellet industry is. From their website descriptions they seem to have a quality product.
I don't have a local distributor on the island here, so I can't grab a bag to try.

I’ve used a few bags of their cherry pellets in my Pro. No issues and I quite like them. They’ve been around for at least a year and are promoted by my local BBQ shop in Toronto.

This new brand also seems to be getting some distribution around the country and I’m curious to try them: pitmasterschoicepellets.ca

@MaxNPV thanks. I have ordered quite a bit from Dickson BBQ out your way. They carry Furtado, but shipping to the coast might be costly. I may check with them on the cost to ship.
Thanks for the heads up on pitmaster choice. I will have a look at them and see if they have a distributor out my way

Dickson BBQ is where I get them, normally in store but I just had a bag delivered. Shipping was reasonable but I’m close.

Pitmasters Choice doesn’t have much info on their web site but on their Facebook page it sounded as though they were securing a west coast distributor.

Dickson BBQ is where I get them, normally in store but I just had a bag delivered. Shipping was reasonable but I’m close.

Pitmasters Choice doesn’t have much info on their web site but on their Facebook page it sounded as though they were securing a west coast distributor.
Dickson has been great with everything I have gotten from them online. Even their Amazon presence I have ordered from has had great service (Premium BBQ)
PM Choice looks alright, but I would hate to order their minimum order that I kept seeing. Especially to try it.
I will see what Dickson will charge to ship pellets out here.

Well, I am committed to trying at least 4 different wood pellets from Furtado Farms.
20200519_082736.jpg

Dickson has been great with everything I have gotten from them online. Even their Amazon presence I have ordered from has had great service (Premium BBQ)
PM Choice looks alright, but I would hate to order their minimum order that I kept seeing. Especially to try it.
I will see what Dickson will charge to ship pellets out here.
Dickson's usually ship for free within Canada if u spend $100

They do, and a flat rate shipping fee of $9.00 for orders under $100. But pellets or anything oversized/weights they have an adder for freight. For pellets it is $8
My pellet order was over 100 for the 4 bags, and total freight was $8. That isn't bad at all.
My Traeger grill came from them and the adder for oversized shipment was very acceptable.
I continue to order from them, including the rubs. Awesome to do business with

Shame they won’t ship to the states. Would love to try the sugar maple & the peach

Shame they won’t ship to the states. Would love to try the sugar maple & the peach
Normally it is the other way around for us Canucks buying stuff and not being able to get it shipped north.
I did get the maple, not the peach yet. I used peach a lot on my Komado and it was nice and mild. If these are nice I will get the other two woods I didn't get

No updates since MAY!! how are these pellets? yea or nay?

I am happy with them. They produce a good amount of smoke and not a lot of ash.
I would order them again. Just wish I had a local supplier.

I haven't tried them yet, but was kinda bummed that I ordered Apple from Dicksons and got Maple. I gave this way more thought than I should have and can appreciate that Maple has 4 outta 5 letters required to spell apple.... but still :|

I liked the maple pellets. I got both apple and maple, so there wasn't a chance of them making that mistake with my order. I don't think you'll be disappointed with them
Did you contact them about the error. Dickson has been great to deal with. Maybe they may do something for you.

I did email them today - will let you know.... so do you like maple or apple more? I was looking for the apple to do some ribs and pulled pork...

Latest Discussions

Back