FoodSaver and other vacuum sealers

Great tool!

I like the variety of bags these days as well. For jerky they have nice bags that heat seal on one end and have a ziploc on the other that you cut and can re-seal once opened.
Do you have a link?

I am interested in seeing if anyone has tried any of the other brands. Like Cabela's line of sealers. I have often considered those as a replacement if mine ever stops working.
I have a 10" Cabela's slicer and I would not recommend it. Slicing meat winds up spraying remnants everywhere off of the blade. I have to tape off plastic in my kitchen like a Dexter kill room to slice meats. Their newer design has the blade on more of an angle, but I don't see how that could help with the blade flinging meat off of it
I have that slicer and mine doesn't throw much meat off. I bought it Christmas before last. Cabela's was running it as a Black Friday special. It's not in the same league as the big Hobarts like the supermarket uses, but it didn't cost 1600 dollars and doesn't weigh 60 lbs. Much much easier than a knife but harder to clean. I don't use it on raw meat though.

I bought a cheap one last year by Ziploc on Amazon, under $50 and some rolls of vacuum bag material.
It works great, I've mainly used it for jerky, and as soon as is cools off will make cold smoked salmon and seal up portions.

You don't have to spend a lot to get great results, here's something similar as the Ziploc brand ones seem to be gone at the moment;

View attachment 2799View attachment 2800
You shouldn't grow hungry anytime soon.......:D

I have that slicer and mine doesn't throw much meat off. I bought it Christmas before last. Cabela's was running it as a Black Friday special. It's not in the same league as the big Hobarts like the supermarket uses, but it didn't cost 1600 dollars and doesn't weigh 60 lbs. Much much easier than a knife but harder to clean. I don't use it on raw meat though.
They have changed their design since I got mine. The slicer is on more of an angle now where the blade is. Mine is straight up and down for the blade and the meat guide.
I just use mine for cooked meats as well. Wish it was easier to clean as well

Latest Discussions

Back