Flipping the 620 to the upright position

Don C

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 620
What is the easiest way to flip my Traeger Pellet Grill to the upright position once the legs & sides are installed?

I do realize that it will take 2 people.

Just wondering if there is a "special" maneuver that would make that heavy weight not seem as heavy.

make sure the ground you are working on is completely level... if it's not, then hire a contractor to level the ground first.
I have a buddie who is a crane operator, so the next step is....

I do realize that it will take 2 people.

Just wondering if there is a "special" maneuver that would make that heavy weight not seem as heavy.
Your tongue must be out of the mouth on the opposite side of the grill to where you are standing 🤣
Seriously though. Because I was by myself I got it up part way and then propped the little box from the Traeger under it. Repositioned myself directly behind the barrel and finished the lift.

Go buy at least a 6pack then invite a couple buddies over. Make sure you supervise though. 😁

I had a glass of whiskey in one hand and lifted the grill with my free hand. The only problem I had was the smoke from the cigar I had clenched between my teeth kept getting in my eyes.

(I did exactly what RustyJake did)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pretty witty & hilarious responses !

But, don't give up your day jobs just yet.

I did my Silverton 810 assembly from the pickup I brought it home from. Just keep taking the box apart and by leg assembly it was on the backside down on the tailgate with legs facing reward. Now with two people it is a 90 degree rotation to legs/wheel casters down from the tailgate. Just guiding gravity now. Worked well. Would have been even better if I had one more younger strong adult to take my side. Then I could have just supervised :ROFLMAO:

I am sure my son could have moved it off the tailgate himself by being in the middle rear and sliding it off the tailgate at a angle with cardboard to avoid scratching the rear back. The tailgate has always been a nice portable workbench.

Last edited:
I did my Silverton 810 assembly from the pickup I brought it home from. Just keep taking the box apart and by leg assembly it was on the backside down on the tailgate with legs facing reward. Now with two people it is a 90 degree rotation to legs/wheel casters down from the tailgate. Just guiding gravity now. Worked well. Would have been even better if I had one more younger strong adult to take my side. Then I could have just supervised :ROFLMAO:

I am sure my son could have moved it off the tailgate himself by being in the middle rear and sliding it off the tailgate at a angle with cardboard to avoid scratching the rear back. The tailgate has always been a nice portable workbench.

I see you are not an aspiring stand-up comic like the other repliers.
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

That was a great way for you to do it!

I brought my 620 home in the back of an SUV.
But, had I thought of doing what you did, I would have borrowed a truck.

It was put in the SUV on its back, so it was taken out of the SUV (still in the box) the same way you took the assembled one out of the truck.

Just slid it out & slowly lowered it to the ground.

I had driven the SUV to my back yard & backed it to the patio.

Dropped the 620 box right on the patio where it was assembled & will live.

After putting on the legs & back, it was laid down on it's back on a mover's blanket topped with cardboard.

Then I got help from my neighbors to lift it upright.

Glad you got it moved and assembled and standing upright. It nice to have good neighbors that are willing to lend a hand! 👍

I see you are not an aspiring stand-up comic like the other repliers.
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

That was a great way for you to do it!

I brought my 620 home in the back of an SUV.
But, had I thought of doing what you did, I would have borrowed a truck.

It was put in the SUV on its back, so it was taken out of the SUV (still in the box) the same way you took the assembled one out of the truck.

Just slid it out & slowly lowered it to the ground.

I had driven the SUV to my back yard & backed it to the patio.

Dropped the 620 box right on the patio where it was assembled & will live.

After putting on the legs & back, it was laid down on it's back on a mover's blanket topped with cardboard.

Then I got help from my neighbors to lift it upright.
Yup, just like we suggested! 🤣👍

Back