First try at smoked cheese

Mr.Fabulous

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
Did about 8 pounds total of cheddar, mozzarella, Colby jack & pepper Jack. (Aldi for the win! $17 for all of that. Unwrapped & split in half, and smoked for 2 hours with pecan pellets in a smoke tube.
42C165A2-298C-4D2A-8AF2-1823360DE08E.jpeg

Lost a couple blocks on the transfer to the smoker. Here is the looks after 2 hours.
4CB8CB80-B59A-4B57-AA60-EBAAD40F209A.jpeg
Some great color change, especially on the cheddar. Wrapped them in parchment for the rest in the frig. Will vacuum seal them tomorrow afternoon, & then the hard part starts. The two week wait until I can try it is going to be brutal.

Attachments

• 56E3C68B-5057-427D-BE46-5181B99CE3E9.jpeg
    56E3C68B-5057-427D-BE46-5181B99CE3E9.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 23
If you are ever in Austin, I have some Casa Noble for you. It's amazing. SWMBO loves the Crystal an I enjoy all of them. No ice, no lime, no salt, no chill.
Apologies to all for the thread jack...

Curious if you’ve ever been to Desert Door and have the Sotol?

Apologies to all for the thread jack...

Curious if you’ve ever been to Desert Door and have the Sotol?

Nope, but checking it out, it's only 30 minutes from home (when the streets are not covered in ice like they are today)

Definitely going to check it out. Thanks for pointing it out.

Did about 8 pounds total of cheddar, mozzarella, Colby jack & pepper Jack. (Aldi for the win! $17 for all of that. Unwrapped & split in half, and smoked for 2 hours with pecan pellets in a smoke tube.
View attachment 4194

Lost a couple blocks on the transfer to the smoker. Here is the looks after 2 hours.
View attachment 4195
Some great color change, especially on the cheddar. Wrapped them in parchment for the rest in the frig. Will vacuum seal them tomorrow afternoon, & then the hard part starts. The two week wait until I can try it is going to be brutal.
Great job, my first learning curve was not to smoke small pieces. I tested the first one a week ago after two weeks vac sealed in the fridge and it was great. Yesterday I opened a smaller one and it was too smokey. Your sizes look good to me and well worth a try after the two weeks.

Latest Discussions

Back