First Mod - Sear Station

k-dizzle

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Wanted a better way to sear at super high heat. I found this online. It wasn't cheap but removed the side shelf on my timberline, had to drill as single hole. But it gets very hot very fast. Has been a great way to finish a reverse sear.

https://www.bbqguys.com/phoenix/sea...ide-burner-for-phoenix-cart-grills-pfmgsear-p

Wow that looks great! Crazy how that attachment is more expensive than most propane grills.

That looks really useful and also like it is meant to be there. Thinking about it, if you made a thicker piece of stainless cut to fit over the inset grate, with tabs to hold it in place, you would have a shelf that converts to a sear station and back and forth.

Last edited:
Wanted a better way to sear at super high heat. I found this online. It wasn't cheap but removed the side shelf on my timberline, had to drill as single hole. But it gets very hot very fast. Has been a great way to finish a reverse sear.

I don't know how I missed this post, but that's an awesome mod. Traeger should take note and give us this option from the factory!

Did this Mod work out? I’m looking to do the same. You said 1 hole drilled. Did the rest of the side burner holes line up with the Treager shelf holes?
Thanks

Did this Mod work out? I’m looking to do the same. You said 1 hole drilled. Did the rest of the side burner holes line up with the Treager shelf holes?
Thanks
Umm, Tim850, the guy you are asking hasn't been here for over 2 years...
I'd answer it myself but I don't know.
What I do know is that you can add screws to your grill anywhere you want by using these and this
add 1/4" 20 screw holes anywhere

Back