First Mod - Sear Station

k-dizzle

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Wanted a better way to sear at super high heat. I found this online. It wasn't cheap but removed the side shelf on my timberline, had to drill as single hole. But it gets very hot very fast. Has been a great way to finish a reverse sear.

https://www.bbqguys.com/phoenix/sea...ide-burner-for-phoenix-cart-grills-pfmgsear-p

PriceMP5

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Wow that looks great! Crazy how that attachment is more expensive than most propane grills.

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
That looks really useful and also like it is meant to be there. Thinking about it, if you made a thicker piece of stainless cut to fit over the inset grate, with tabs to hold it in place, you would have a shelf that converts to a sear station and back and forth.

Last edited:

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Wanted a better way to sear at super high heat. I found this online. It wasn't cheap but removed the side shelf on my timberline, had to drill as single hole. But it gets very hot very fast. Has been a great way to finish a reverse sear.

I don't know how I missed this post, but that's an awesome mod. Traeger should take note and give us this option from the factory!

Latest Discussions