First Cook

PriceMP5

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Did my first cook on my new pro series 575 and these beef short ribs definitely turned out great, and have a nice smoke ring. I used my Meater and an oven thermometer to check the Temps during the cook and I was not happy when seeing that the ranges were about 60 degrees off of what the Traeger was reading. The cook time reflected it also as I was preparing for about a 6 hour cook and instead it took closer to 10, Im going to be contacting customer service about the temperature issue. I did love the outcome of the cook, and using the app makes everything so easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the 575 complaint party. There are a few threads on here about it. We are ALL having the same issue. So far nothing Treager has done for us has fixed the issue.

For me Traer CS has been outstanding and others have had issues with CS.. but I encourage you to call them and start the ball rolling on your smoker. Make sure your 575 is registered if not they can do it over the phone.

So were hoping that at some point they push a firmware update that addresses the issue. That's if it's even because of the programming..

I usually have to run 290 to reach a cooking chamber temp of 225 at grill level.

Outside this issue it's been fun to use and looks like your cook was tasty as well

Is this issue happening with the pro series 780? Debating on returning the 575 and just getting the larger size.

Iam not sure if it is or not. Few post on the ironwood having the temp issues. Seems that the 2019 models are having some issues of sort..

My Ironwood has been holding temps well after the firmware update.

Is this issue happening with the pro series 780? Debating on returning the 575 and just getting the larger size.
it was. It used to be off from 30 at lower temps to 100 degrees at higher temps. After the firmware update, its pretty close - within 10 degrees when averaging the hottest and coolest point in the grill.

Thanks, I guess I’m going to keep The 575 and adjust to it until traeger figures it out. I’ve loved cooking with it so far minus the temperature issues obviously. It’s just so easy to use.

Back