First Brisket!

Slabdaddy13

Reaction score
Grill
780 Pro
https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/traeger-brisket
Fired up my Traeger at 0515 set to 225.

I had my 6.2 lb point brisket sitting out getting up to room temp while the smoker preheated.

I put the brisket injected with beef broth and worchestire sauce the night before and rubbed with Traeger Beef rub. Pink salt and Black pepper, wrapped overnight on the smoker at 0540.

At 6 hours it hit 160 internal temp. I took out dbl wrapped in foil and turned temp to 250. At 1 hour back in temp was at 192. The injection created lots of moisture so it was steaming the meat fast.

Knowing i had zero problems with moisture, I unwrapped and finished naked 3 hours later for a total smoke of 10 hours. Wrapped in towel and placed in cooler for 2 hours! Sliced snd served turned out absolutely perfect! So tender and delicious!

Attachments

• 71920528-5130-4C26-A059-E5381DACDF61.jpeg
    71920528-5130-4C26-A059-E5381DACDF61.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 110
Looks great. Can’t wait to smoke a brisket. I have watched several videos and like Malcom Reeds brisket

Agreed, addictive! After I watched one of the experts live asked what their favorite meat to smoke was, brisket, I had to try one. Mine needed more time so wasn't perfect, but the taste was amazing. I can't wait to do another, with all of the new knowledge gained since.

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/traeger-brisket
Fired up my Traeger at 0515 set to 225.

I had my 6.2 lb point brisket sitting out getting up to room temp while the smoker preheated.

I put the brisket injected with beef broth and worchestire sauce the night before and rubbed with Traeger Beef rub. Pink salt and Black pepper, wrapped overnight on the smoker at 0540.

At 6 hours it hit 160 internal temp. I took out dbl wrapped in foil and turned temp to 250. At 1 hour back in temp was at 192. The injection created lots of moisture so it was steaming the meat fast.

Knowing i had zero problems with moisture, I unwrapped and finished naked 3 hours later for a total smoke of 10 hours. Wrapped in towel and placed in cooler for 2 hours! Sliced snd served turned out absolutely perfect! So tender and delicious!
Stabdaddy, Good Job

Latest Discussions

Back