Firepot Assembly Peeling Paint & White Residue

Grillbuddy

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro Series 34
Hi. As shown in the attached photos, can anyone tell me if the peeling paint and white residue around the firepot assembly is normal? This occurred after the initial 45-minute seasoning at the high temperature setting. This is a Pro Series 34 grill (brand new). Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_082822.jpg
    IMG_20201230_082822.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20201230_082834.jpg
    IMG_20201230_082834.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20201230_082849.jpg
    IMG_20201230_082849.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 68
Hi. As shown in the attached photos, can anyone tell me if the peeling paint and white residue around the firepot assembly is normal? This occurred after the initial 45-minute seasoning at the high temperature setting. This is a Pro Series 34 grill (brand new). Thanks!
Not sure if its normal or not, paint peeling from high temps is kinda a normal thing. All I can say is, good thing that didnt happen with food in there. :sick:

I'd say normal, and why a new grill is seasoned, to burn off everything in the high temp areas before cooking food.

Hell, I didn't even know the fire pot was painted!!!???
If mine was it ain't now... looks like raw metal to me.

I think someone played a joke on him... or I just didn't pay much attention

BTW, I hate it when my grill tells me "it's time to clean", and it's right!!! Like a nagging wife that knows something you don't...

BTW, I hate it when my grill tells me "it's time to clean", and it's right!!! Like a nagging wife that knows something you don't...
Thanks!

go into the settings and turn off demo mode. itll fix that right up;)

go into the settings and turn off demo mode. itll fix that right up;)

I was just kidding... however like I said, it was RIGHT, I needed cleaning, and it's not demo mode that was on, it needed the notifications cleared.

Last edited:
I clean run my Iornwood 550 grill grate through the dishwasher every time I cook something. I do a thorough cleaning every second or third time I cook something. Though cleanings involve taking out the removable innards, vacuuming out the dust, ash, and other residue underneath the drip pan, running the drip pay through the dishwasher with the grill grate, changing the aluminum foil on the drip pan, and doing my best to clean the grease out of the interior. A through cleaning takes about 20 or 30 minutes of active work. My dishwasher takes about 2.5 hours to run through a complete cycle.

I got a plastic tray ( 8 in deep from Amazon) I wash my Timberline 1300 Grills in it, they clean up very nicely...

Same..after seasoning 45 minutes

Attachments

• 20210517_165521.jpg
    20210517_165521.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20210517_165456.jpg
    20210517_165456.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 98

Latest Discussions

Back