Fireboard Thermometer

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
Is anyone using the Fireboard thermometer? Traeger should take a hard look at these guys and acquire the company to put their technology into the Traeger controllers. I think it's cool it works with Alexa and being able to share your data during the cook is awesome! The downside is it's a bit pricey.

More information can be found here: https://www.fireboard.com/about/

Review on the Fireboard posted here: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews/thermometers/fireboard-fbx11-review

Last edited:
They work well but expensive. Traeger is too late to the party. Fireboard partnered with yoder in the new ys 640s. it will be the pit to beat in my opinion. I considered it but its another $1130 Canadian for the 2018 yoder ys640 model. Not sure of the price of the 2019 wifi model. I felt the Ironwood was a good value choice.

The D2 controller keeps a log with temperature vs. time information that can be reviewed by the support folks. When I called about the 575 temp issues, the support person was able to see my grills’ activity.

Maybe Traeger will make that info available via the App with the ability to edit the information to add what was being cooked and notes for results, etc. Just a thought.

I called and suggested that they make that data available to us within the app so we can track cooks. They also need to add the ability to set the timer to count up or down....2 timers as well. I know they have a sauce timer but once again 2 timers up and down would b beneficial. I use my smoke stack timers but I would like to have 2 timers on the app as I use 2 timers basically 80% of the time.

The new Yoder YS640s is listed at $1800! Not that bad considering what it comes with and it looks like a heck of a grill.

The D2 controller keeps a log with temperature vs. time information that can be reviewed by the support folks. When I called about the 575 temp issues, the support person was able to see my grills’ activity.

Maybe Traeger will make that info available via the App with the ability to edit the information to add what was being cooked and notes for results, etc. Just a thought.

It would be neat if Traeger would open up the controller with an API to allow developers to put that data to use. You never know what software developers could come up that would benefit customers and set Traeger apart from the other manufactures.

I would like to develop some type of integration between the grill and the forum software. It would be neat to see what members are currently grilling/smoking!

No pricing in Canada yet. Last year's Yoder 640 pricing is 3k. Ironwood 650 here is 1600.

Update....was at dealer tonight and they said the new ys640s will be $3499 plus 13% tax.

Wow, that must be one heck of a grill because they are proud of it! :)

Wife surprised me with an early birthday present ...... have not cooked with it yet, but that will be coming soon. This was just unboxing, setting up, and playing with the probes.

Attachments

• 118C40F8-81E0-44E6-8FA9-D91A4A11BB28.jpeg
    118C40F8-81E0-44E6-8FA9-D91A4A11BB28.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 199
Back