Fireboard 2

How did you mount this? Did you have to cut slots fro clip. I used my FireBoard for first time today on the grate. Set grill temp to 425 Fireboard showed 390 and fluctuating between that and 403. Grill showed 425 and fluctuating up and down. So wondering which is true temp.
I sacrificed one grate clip, bent one side into a tab, drilled a hole and mounted it next to the stock probe. I go by the Fireboard, and adjust the grill to whatever it takes to get the desired temp on the Fireboard.

Attachments

• 87722D74-FFE2-482D-9878-D77D16894FC7.jpeg
    87722D74-FFE2-482D-9878-D77D16894FC7.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 30
  • F0750DF8-2EAF-4E76-8B38-C2B2C611F52B.jpeg
    F0750DF8-2EAF-4E76-8B38-C2B2C611F52B.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 30
I sacrificed one grate clip, bent one side into a tab, drilled a hole and mounted it next to the stock probe. I go by the Fireboard, and adjust the grill to whatever it takes to get the desired temp on the Fireboard.
Nice. I should do that as the delta with my probe is pretty large. Traeger is sending out a new probe. According to the video, I should be able to change it out in under 5 minutes. 🤣

D2 vs FireBoard.jpg

Nice. I should do that as the delta with my probe is pretty large. Traeger is sending out a new probe. According to the video, I should be able to change it out in under 5 minutes. 🤣

View attachment 4571
Hopefully the swap out will narrow the gap. One additional point, the grill's thermocouple responds to temp changes much faster than the Fireboard which lags by a few seconds.

Another shout out to Fireboard CS. My FB2 went into a reboot lock loop, I called on Monday and had a replacement by Wednesday.
I just gave them the S?N from the back and No problems. Great Customer Service...;

Another shout out to Fireboard CS. My FB2 went into a reboot lock loop, I called on Monday and had a replacement by Wednesday.
I just gave them the S?N from the back and No problems. Great Customer Service...;

What did the reboot loop look like?

At first it would power up and then shut down and restart, then overnight degraded to bringing up the Fireboard logo then rebooting (that was when I called FB) then it just showed a gray screen and blinked around every 10 sec.. The replacement seems to work fine....

Mine rebooted the other day during a cook... but it didn't miss a beat as far as coming right back to the cook

Back