Fireboard 2

Sure thing, and you can label each probe from your phone.
I thought maybe you could. But i thought asking someone wiser than me to confim would be best.

Ok, I've got a question. Could you use the fireboard to monitor 2 cooks at the same time in 2 different cookers? 3 probes in 1 and 3 in the other. Say 1 ambient and 2 food probes per cooker?
Yes, definitely can be done. I used it on my Traeger and Kamado to do two briskets. I have a Fireboard2 Drive and used the drive to maintain the temperature in the Kamado
You can see both on the graphs I posted in the thread above.

Yes, definitely can be done. I used it on my Traeger and Kamado to do two briskets. I have a Fireboard2 Drive and used the drive to maintain the temperature in the Kamado
You can see both on the graphs I posted in the thread above.
Thats freakin sweet!

You may want to get some Probe extension cables...

Well finally heard back from Fireboard. The CS rep. Apologized for the delayed response back. I gave the Fireboard excellent praise. They are sending me free hat!

Yes I agree, Traeger could take a lesson from Fireboard... I have found Fireboard's CS is top notch...

My new outdoor chefs hat came in the mail today! Yay!

Attachments

• 20201017_211058.jpg
    20201017_211058.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 21
I use meat probes for ambient when I need it and it works fine and I just put my fireboard inside my pellet box and that works fine too. I just leave it in there when not in use.

I put heavy duty Velcro on the back and mounted it under the front shelf, stays dry and have access to the buttons and place to plug in the probes....

So, what does everyone keep there Fireboard in. Looking for ideas on a nice case to keep everything organized.

I just wanted to add to the thread: I received my FB2 today and smoked a small brisket to test it. I am very pleased! Well built, easy setup. It puts the Traeger probes to shame. I had been looking at FireBoard for a while, but based on this thread, in the comments section of the order form I requested to swap the 2 standard probes for 3” competition probes. No questions asked, they sent them. I’m impressed with the company. Ordered Monday, smoking on Wednesday! Even the handwritten smiley face at the the bottom of the packing slip makes a difference. I wish more companies operated like this.

........I am very pleased! Well built, easy setup. It puts the Traeger probes to shame.
I agree, glad you are pleased with the purchase. I know I am happy with my Fireboard2 Drive unit.
It is a shame that Traeger didn't put more work into that side of the controller. Garbage in, garbage out, if your controller is fed bad info it can't be expected to function to its full extent. Hopefully subsequent updates will address some of the issues if it's software related. But I have a feeling it is a quality issue, starting with the probes.
Yoder smokers got a jump up, their controller is supplied by Fireboard. You can even calibrate their pit probe.

Latest Discussions

Back