Fireboard 2

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER #traegergameday Wins 2022/2024
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
Well pulled the trigger, Fireboard 2 and Extreme probe pack on the way. Hoping to have by the weekend for the next cook!!!

Well pulled the trigger, Fireboard 2 and Extreme probe pack on the way. Hoping to have by the weekend for the next cook!!!
You might consider the competition probes instead, they are thin needle like probes with no bulky bump, easy to pass thru the side hole with hot grill.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with your purchase.
I use mine on every cook now. I will use it this winter on any indoor cooking I do as well

I emailed Fireboard on Friday, competition probes do not have ambient probes. The tech said that the Extreme probe have 1 ambient and 4 regular meat probes. So that would make 6 meat probes and 2 ambient.

They will actually substitute the comp probes in the base purchase if requested. I bought some separate ones plus an RTP ambient because it can handle 700F vs 500ish for the stock one.

They are awesome to work with!

They will actually substitute the comp probes in the base purchase if requested. I bought some separate ones plus an RTP ambient because it can handle 700F vs 500ish for the stock one.

They are awesome to work with!
Thats cool. Did you call or email? Ill probably just go with what i ordered. Im not planning to go over 350-400f very often if ever.

I have been using email. I found them so responsive that I suggested to Slimpicker that he ask them to exchange, they did!
Unfortunately when I bought mine I wasn't aware of the comp probes. I asked if they were considering a thin probe and they pointed them out to me. So I bought some seperately.

I only mention this because they are awesome probes. They would most likely let you swap as well.
7AEEA860-2B42-4B07-907E-35B477EEC08E.jpeg
138BAAA6-1B31-427D-82EA-CCBA30C62838.jpeg

Hey Reme, do you cook with the Fireboard ambient probe mounted as in the picture?

I place mine next to the meat I am cooking, I want to know the actual temp in the grill at the meat location.

Hey Reme, do you cook with the Fireboard ambient probe mounted as in the picture?

I place mine next to the meat I am cooking, I want to know the actual temp in the grill at the meat location.
It depends, I have a grate clip as well. When I cooked a large brisket I needed grate space cause my 850 isn't very wide. So I modified a spare grate clip and mounted it near the thermocouple. Seems to work fine.

I have been using email. I found them so responsive that I suggested to Slimpicker that he ask them to exchange, they did!
Unfortunately when I bought mine I wasn't aware of the comp probes. I asked if they were considering a thin probe and they pointed them out to me. So I bought some seperately.

I only mention this because they are awesome probes. They would most likely let you swap as well.View attachment 2735View attachment 2736
I sent an email to see if they will modify order, we will see what happens.

I got 2 Competition probes, 1 long 1 short, and 2 ambient probes ... the only thing I paid extra for was the Ambient probe, one was Thermistor and one is RTD... (all I did was ASK)
I use them both at the same time, different areas of the pit...
The only thing was I had to 'designate' one of my ports for the RTD probe cuz it reads different, Plus I had to ADD 13* to it to match my other probe at room temp... ALL THIS IS IN SETTINGS.

(Say "Go Chiefs" in your email... doesn't hurt)

I sent an email and asked if the could credit me the 2 temp probes with the kit and exchange the Extreme probes for the Competition probes and add 1 rtd ambient probe. Total should be 6 meat and 2 grill probes.

Last edited:
I sent an email and asked if the could credit me the 2 temp probes with the kit and exchange the Extreme probes for the Competition probes and add 1 rtd ambient probe. Total should be 6 meat and 2 grill probes.
No reply to the email today and order has been shipped. Supposed to be here Wednesday. Say la vie.

I just ordered another probe today and the MAG base... They're so cheap really why not...

Back