Fireboard 2/Thermapen

Oh ok great, well that actually puts my mind at rest a bit, thank you
Don’t know if you watched it or not but Matt has a pretty nice video on trimming a whole packer.
As for being hard to pierce the meat, that’s one of the many reasons I like the competition probes. Difference in piercing the meat with a 10 penny nail or a knitting needle... lol

Don’t know if you watched it or not but Matt has a pretty nice video on trimming a whole packer.
As for being hard to pierce the meat, that’s one of the many reasons I like the competition probes. Difference in piercing the meat with a 10 penny nail or a knitting needle... lol
I’ll keep that in mind ... may have to invest further. Will revisit the trimming video for next time! Thanks

The flat is also already at 90F only an hour in to the cook with a consistent temp in the grill of 190 ... feels fast?!? Any thoughts to coach me through?
Nope, it’s runnin just fine.

I just looked at his share feed, looks like he cut the temp down to 180 anyway.
Yep, I see that now. After that the grill temp is runnin really good.

Yep, I see that now. After that the grill temp is runnin really good.
Yes it is. He peeked around midnight...😁
Wish he would have attached a pic..I bet it’s starting to look really good.

Just wrapped, should have taken a picture! Not as dark as the one on Matt’s weekday brisket video at this stage. Seemed to be ok, definitely have a thinner one though ha ha.

I did get nervous and drop the temp until about 4 am (figured better to slow it down than risk it) but think I should have trusted in 190, should be ok though.

5CAEFDDA-F54E-4945-9723-4E89BF0DFFDA.jpeg
FB66C641-2874-4C6C-B954-E299A9BD1B12.jpeg

The Traeger probe is in the point.

I do seem to be getting a IT drop in the flat post wrap. Not sure if that’s normal.

I do seem to be getting a IT drop in the flat post wrap. Not sure if that’s normal.
I usually bump the grill up 10f degrees or so after the wrap. Finished temp should be between 195f and 205f. When the meat probes like a knife cutting through butter, it should be done.

You can add notes a pics to your FireBoard cook, then when shared ppl can see what you did, and you can go back and look at them for reference.

I usually bump the grill up 10f degrees or so after the wrap. Finished temp should be between 195f and 205f. When the meat probes like a knife cutting through butter, it should be done.
Ok thanks, I think I will do that as temp still dropping. Still tough to push the probes in at the moment but a long way to go.

You can add notes a pics to your FireBoard cook, then when shared ppl can see what you did, and you can go back and look at them for reference.
Thank you, only realised this a minute ago regarding the photos. Great for keeping a record.

Latest Discussions

Back