FedEx and Home Depot screwed me: UPDATE!!!!

Slimpicker

⚒️ MODERATOR
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
But Traeger is coming to my rescue...

My Home Depot bought 575 got delivered today by FedEx like this:

20200826_185744.jpg

20200826_185756.jpg

20200826_185810.jpg

Very long story about Home Depot not coming to my rescue, no exchange, and WEEKS waiting for a replacement and money back...

Called Traeger.... didn't ask anything but my name and address and is sending me a NEW DRUM and lid....

Does anyone know how to completely replace a drum???
I'm gonna be a Traeger Expert once I'm done totally rebuilding this... it's OK, My first trade was a journeyman machinist... I think I can catch on.
I just don't wanna damage that PROBE!!!!

Is this even doable????
the guy from Traeger was steaming with me and I showed him the damage... he said he had the part number and would ship it out

Isn't there stuff welded to the drum??

FedEx beats the crap out of these things. I have seen other companies who had numerous pellet grills delivered by them that were damaged. FedEx doesn't seem to change anyting so they must not care.
Pain in the a__ for the customer though

My carriers take turns destroying my packages, I guess everyone has a bad day.

Fingers crossed that your new drum isn't dribbled and shot at your front door as well!

The bright side, you will know your grill inside and out!

Everything is removed... funny I thought the bottom leg holding part was removable, it doesn't seem to be attached by anything but a black silicone caulk... I sure hope the new drum comes with this bottom on it!!!
I called and a guy said yes, but we all know what that means

ALSO, got the grill WIFI to connect, ezy pezy... grill is now added to my APP... so I guess I'm good to go.
Firmware: 02.01.03
Config: 04.015

Sounds like you will be burning things in no time!

I'm counting the minutes... "Dear Lord, please grant the FedEx driver a peaceful day, frustration free and a gentle spirit so he doesn't mistaken my new drum for a punching bag, Amen"
?

Good luck! Hopefully we'll see some photos soon of your 575 with food on it :) I can't believe Home Depot didn't do more for you.

Funny, I ordered my Ironwood 885 from Home Depot and they delivered it to my house fully assembled and ready to go (Home Depot delivered it, not FedEx). I couldn't have been happier. I know this doesn't help you, but my Home Depot shopping experience was completely different than yours. Go figure.

Funny, I ordered my Ironwood 885 from Home Depot and they delivered it to my house fully assembled and ready to go (Home Depot delivered it, not FedEx). I couldn't have been happier. I know this doesn't help you, but my Home Depot shopping experience was completely different than yours. Go figure.

Weird indeed... but sounds just like my life.

I'm so disgusted I don't know what end is up....

Called Traeger to find out where my DRUM REPLACEMENT is... Simple right??? NO!!!!!!!!!
NO sign of me even being alive let alone having a replacement part sent to me!!!
1 hour on the phone, Traeger's answer is now, WHOLE NEW SMOKER... WHY???!!!! Just send me a %$#&ing DRUM DAMMIT.... "we can't"
Then why did the first guy say you could!!!

Anywhere from 2-3 weeks for my next DENTED grill to get here!!!!

I had my grill in my APP, updated, MODs ready to go, even MODDED the lid....

screaming.gif

Wife got on the phone and things got serious then... I had to grab the phone back before the whole deal went out the window!!!!

I am shaking my head in total depression!!!!

A couple of points.

1- My first call to Traeger service was for slow start, ignition fail. They agreed to send the Firepot/HotRod assembly, no questions asked. There was no record of this in later calls and no tracking info ever sent, but, the part showed up.

2- My 2nd service call was about the controller setting knob being intermittent. Video chatted with rep, agreed to send controller, tracking send, part arrived in days.

3- My 3rd, 4th, and 5th calls to service about the "new" controller having a bad WiFi board that starts strong at power up but goes to weak signal and disconnects even though the Access Point is 6ft away. So far Traeger support has never met any promised call back after now many weeks.

4- I've learned for 40+ years in field service that getting angry with reps is seldom a good path to take, glad you pulled the phone. Be factual, calm, direct and persistent.

There is a chance that the drum actually shows up, but I'd just take the new grill at this point.

I feel your pain, nothing worse than delayed gratification!

Hang in there.

OH WOW, well then I was expecting too much from them about keeping records... I would have figured they'd keep a FILE on everyone so they can tell when your warranty is up... HAHAHA if what you just described is true then I'll bet that drum still comes too...

but they are already sending the "pickup" crew to come for the old one so I'll go for the new one and hope I don't get a disgruntled FedEx driver

THNX for the info RemE

But Traeger is coming to my rescue...

My Home Depot bought 575 got delivered today by FedEx like this:

View attachment 2309

View attachment 2310

View attachment 2311

Very long story about Home Depot not coming to my rescue, no exchange, and WEEKS waiting for a replacement and money back...

Called Traeger.... didn't ask anything but my name and address and is sending me a NEW DRUM and lid....

Does anyone know how to completely replace a drum???
I'm gonna be a Traeger Expert once I'm done totally rebuilding this... it's OK, My first trade was a journeyman machinist... I think I can catch on.
I just don't wanna damage that PROBE!!!!

I simply would load it up in the truck and return it to home depot for a full refund.

Latest Discussions

Back