Failed to download certificate files

I’m back online! They FINALLY pushed the 2.0 update last night and things seem to be worming. Now I just need to figure out why they haven’t sent my free rub yet...
It's probably on back order, seems they've had a run on it lately for some reason. :cool:

I've had a similar experience as most on this thread. I did a reset and have had my grill on standby for a couple fo days. Still no Version 2 and can't connect to the app. I called today and gave the customer rep the breakdown of my experience. He took my info and said he would talk to his manager. He did say I should have received the push already as I called last week. He took my UUID and said they would put in on the list, I guess I continue to wait.
UPDATE: I received a call from Traeger CS this evening. They have determined I should have received the update by now. They are sending me a new board to install in the grill as there is obviously something wrong with mine. Should take about 1 week t arrive (Canada). If you have followed all the steps and left the grill on for some time may be worth giving them a call.
So update Feb 11. After CS telling me they were going to send me a new board I kind of just forgot about it. Was outside and decided to look. This whole time the grill was in standby mode. Well sure enough the push must have went through. forgot the Network re-connected and still got Provision error. Did the repair one more time and all is good. Grill connects, dowloaded the updates and pair with the app. Hope their next software update doesn't cause the same issues

Ok, this is what fixed it for me for IOS. I followed all the previous steps that have been put out by others. The only thing I did different is shorten my 2.4 network name to about 10 characters. Keep in mind that my previous network name which was significantly longer worked just fine on the old app version and firmware. So, all connected now and working fine.

I'm one of the rare people apparently that has a *Gen 1* Timberline and have the 3.0 update, NOT the 2.0.

That said, because I deleted & re-installed my app to try and re-pair it, I'm unable to even attempt to re-pair because my grill/controller won't forget my WiFi settings.

I called Traeger yesterday and they agreed that I was indeed in a rare scenario than most people so they have 'escalated it to Tier 4 support'. They said that since I did fill out the form from the wizard, someone should be calling me by end of the week from their "design team" to help resovle the issue. Otherwise, I should hear back from T4 support by the end of next week.

I took notes of everything and I'm just playing the waiting game now.

I'm one of the rare people apparently that has a *Gen 1* Timberline and have the 3.0 update, NOT the 2.0.

That said, because I deleted & re-installed my app to try and re-pair it, I'm unable to even attempt to re-pair because my grill/controller won't forget my WiFi settings.

I called Traeger yesterday and they agreed that I was indeed in a rare scenario than most people so they have 'escalated it to Tier 4 support'. They said that since I did fill out the form from the wizard, someone should be calling me by end of the week from their "design team" to help resovle the issue. Otherwise, I should hear back from T4 support by the end of next week.

I took notes of everything and I'm just playing the waiting game now.

The same happened with my grill, Gen 1 Ironwood and App on android, I could not get the new app to pair with the Grill. I powered down the Grill completely and shutdown the phone, when i restarted everything it worked without going through the repairing process. Occasionally the app wants to re-pair when started, I just reboot the Grill and app and it connects again. Good Luck.

I did the reset and now it won't update or pair to my phone. My wifi on my phone become Traeger-0111

For those that did the factory reset and are waiting for 2.0 to arrive for more than 24 hours, below are the steps Traeger sent me last night to get 2.0. I probably won't have a chance to do all of this until Saturday, but if anyone has this problem and wants to try, I'd love to here how it went.
---------------------------------------------------
Hi Joe. We apologize for the delayed reply and we believe we have found a solution to your connectivity issue. We have found more steps that need to be completed with the Factory Reset in order for it to properly work. Please follow the steps below and make sure you are completing them all *in order* and complete the list to the very end. This will help ensure the success and if this is not successful, please keep us posted. Thank you so much for both your time and patience.

1. Power cycle both phone and grill:
a. Power off phone and power back on.
b. Power off the grill by switching off power switch, wait 30 seconds, and power back on.
2. Check to see if you have the latest version of the app a. iOS – In the app follow these steps
i. Click the link labeled “More” at the bottom of the app or account link in the top left corner (Shaped like a silhouette of a person)
ii. Version number is under the Traeger logo
b. Android – In the app follow these steps
i. Select “Menu” in the top left corner
ii. Scroll to bottom and select “settings”
iii. Select the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner
iv. Select “open source licenses”
v. Version number is under the Traeger logo
3. Factory Reset Grill
a. On grill go to menu > settings > about the grill, then press and hold the ignite button until you see the Traeger logo.
4. Check the Firmware version on the grill
a. To check the firmware on the grill go to Menu > Settings > then About Grill.
5. If the firmware version is 01.01.05 or 01.01.06 forget WiFI and then go to step 7
6. If the firmware version is 01.01.04 or an earlier version, follow the below steps
a. Restart the connection process
i. Say Yes/Accept/Join to all prompts
b. Grill will Download firmware update during the pairing process
i. Wait patiently as it downloads twice (once for update, and once for certificates).
c. After naming the grill, the grill should be connected to Wifi but may not appear in the app. This is normal.
d. Check firmware (will likely be 02.00.00)
e. Forget wifi on grill controller i. menu > wifi information > forget network
f. Proceed to Step 7
7. Power cycle both phone and grill again.
a. Power off phone and power back on.
b. Power off the grill by switching off power switch, wait 30 seconds, and power back on.
8. Restart the connection process
a. Say Yes/Accept/Join to all prompts
9. Grill will download firmware update during the pairing process
a. Wait patiently as it may say downloading twice (This is the second time we would be going through this process)
b. After the grill has downloaded the latest firmware, you will be taken to the name your grill screen
10. Check grill firmware for latest version Link Menu > Settings > then About Grill.

Attachments

• Traeger2.png
    Traeger2.png
    224 KB · Views: 130
  • Traeger 1.png
    Traeger 1.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 131
I did the reset and now it won't update or pair to my phone. My wifi on my phone become Traeger-0111
The phone is auto connecting to your Grill's access point wifi mode, because it learned to auto connect to the grill at some point. On your phone, you need to choose the "forget network" choice for the grill so the phone will not auto connect to the grill.

Then you need to have your phone connected to your 2.4Ghz home network when you begin the grill pairing procedure. The app will pass your home network info to the grill during the process.

During normal use your Phone and Grill never directly connect to each other using the Grill's AP mode, they communicate over your home network and the internet. The Grill's AP mode is only used at setup.

Is there any fix to this mess. I have2019- 575 for xmas, worked great until the update. I have gone through all the forms and tried all the set ups. Still nothing.
My wife was unsold on this grill at the dealer bc of the wifi option, worked great for 2 weeks..

What is Traeger-F419 & why does the grill want to connect to it? Thats not my wifi address!!!

I believe it's a glitch. I had to forget network, delete and reinstall the app to get past that.

The phone is auto connecting to your Grill's access point wifi mode, because it learned to auto connect to the grill at some point. On your phone, you need to choose the "forget network" choice for the grill so the phone will not auto connect to the grill.

Then you need to have your phone connected to your 2.4Ghz home network when you begin the grill pairing procedure. The app will pass your home network info to the grill during the process.

During normal use your Phone and Grill never directly connect to each other using the Grill's AP mode, they communicate over your home network and the internet. The Grill's AP mode is only used at setup.

I get what you're saying. I chose "Forget Network" and also turned off auto connect, and deleted the app, but guess what it still auto connect to the grill as my wifi. I attempted this several times, getting frustrated

Thanks for the advise

I have been watching this post for a while trying to figure this mess out. I got my grill working yesterday, finally. I have spoken to at least four people at Traeger customer service and I am sad to say this but they were totally clueless. Had I listened to them, I'd still be waiting. The new website they posted is what got be back connected (traegergrills.com/status). My issue was that the new software they installed several weeks ago broke the connection of my grill to my home network. My grill was unable to reconnect. The customer reps kept telling me to just wait for it to update. I kept telling them that my grill couldn't connect, but they said "no worries, just keep waiting, we are pushing an update." That was just wrong, you can't update something that is not connected. What finally worked for me was to reset the grill to the factory settings, which set it back to the prior grill software (NOT the 2.0). Once that was done, my grill was then able to reconnect to my network (after following the wizard directions). This is key....with the connection restored, my grill was then able to receive the updated data files (took about four hours). Once that was done, it also updated to the new software. With the new data files, the software was able to then actually function and connect to the app. It was still a bit of a convoluted process, so you have to follow the website directions very closely. Be patient and you will get it. Good luck. hope this helps.
Thank you. OF COURSE NEW FIRMWARE CANNOT BE INSTALLED IF YOUR GRILL CANNOT CONNECT TO YOUR ROUTER (and, thus the internet)!!!! My problem is that and mine is a brand new grill Jan 2020. The factory firmware was 2.0. Factory reset wont help (altho, I will try - I have no other ideas). Guess I am screwed until someone at Traeger gets it through their heads that updating firmware, in my case, REQUIRES a file I can download and install from my PC. Or better yet, rather than this absurd instruction, "turn on grill and wait 24 hrs for a push update", maybe the firmware should exist as a download from their website to your PC, for EVERYONE so that one could install it immediately.

Bottom line. HIRE SOMEONE COMPETENT with technical experience of this type!

Is it just me, or has anyone else gone through the 'set-up-wizard' on their site and they get to a blocking point? As in, there are two options to choose from, but neither of them answer the question that is being asked.
They cant even do a flowchart properly. No wonder they cant figure out how to solve the problem.

OKAY!

I dunno if this is coincidence or not but i just did a beer can chicken with "I'm so sorry your WiFire doesn't work" rub and amazingly enough the grill is at 2.00.00 firmware and wifi is reconnected?!?!? App connected and works perfectly.

I did nothing new or abnormal but TRY THE CHICKEN RUB TO MAKE THE WIFI WORK!
You are a Traeger tech support guy, arent you??? :D

Back