Failed to download certificate files

Just got this email.

“Hi A,

We received your message from the troubleshooting form. I sent your grill a specialized command to update its firmware, it should be downloaded in about 20 minutes. You will know that the update has happened by checking menu -> settings -> about grill & it will list the grill software as 02.00.00. Once this migration happens, please forget wifi on the grill controller and re-pair. You should be all set after that update.

Please let me know if you have any issues.”

I’ll be home in a half hour so I’ll update you guys on whether this debacle is finally done with or not.
Yes, got the same email today at 3:39 pm.... Checked grill firmware was updated. Forgot network, repaired network and app. Everything works again!!

If the grill won't reset to original firmware you must work with service to resolve that issue before you can move forward. You have to have the grill on your network or it's game over.
So that means I have to contact traeger then you mean? I did the wizard form deal but haven’t called them yet. What would you recommend?

OKAY!

I dunno if this is coincidence or not but i just did a beer can chicken with "I'm so sorry your WiFire doesn't work" rub and amazingly enough the grill is at 2.00.00 firmware and wifi is reconnected?!?!? App connected and works perfectly.

I did nothing new or abnormal but TRY THE CHICKEN RUB TO MAKE THE WIFI WORK!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200210-190906.png
    Screenshot_20200210-190906.png
    502.4 KB · Views: 55
So I had my grill working with my grill on old software along with my phone
Went on vacation left it on for 3 days.
Came home grill was updated to 2.0
I updated my phone paired everything but its saying grill offline.
Anybody in this boat I haven't turned the grill off and on since im cooking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200210-192707_Traeger.jpg
    Screenshot_20200210-192707_Traeger.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 47
I FINALLY GOT THE UPDATE!!!

After 3-4 weeks of not being able to. And a week or so of being plugged in after contacting traeger (giving them all my grills info so they could register it) I finally got the v2.0.0 over air update. Once I saw the version on the traeger I forgot my WiFi, re-added it to the WiFi, and was able to see it in the app!
6A8F87AC-A5F8-45D2-87A8-2C7E06D8519C.png

I got home from work tonight and the controller updated to 2.0. Forgot network and controller and repaired with a app and good to go.
When I called treager yesterday they told me my grill wasn’t registered so they didn’t have my grill ID active. The retailer I bought from told me they would register and they obviously didn’t. I’ve been trying to get download to go for days. Maybe the registration was why....

I got home from work tonight and the controller updated to 2.0. Forgot network and controller and repaired with a app and good to go.
When I called treager yesterday they told me my grill wasn’t registered so they didn’t have my grill ID active. The retailer I bought from told me they would register and they obviously didn’t. I’ve been trying to get download to go for days. Maybe the registration was why....

I sent my info in as well recently to “register”. I am thinking that was the way to go.

So that means I have to contact traeger then you mean? I did the wizard form deal but haven’t called them yet. What would you recommend?

Yes, you need to be able to get the grill connected to your network. If it won't allow you to reset it to original factory firmware version then you need to call Traeger support and get their help. You may need a new board if the grill can't be configured to connect to your home network. Have them walk you thru the process on re-setting one last time.

Good luck!

I think it’s been mentioned on here before but didn’t see a response or what traeger told someone what they could do to help. I have my pro 780 on the 02.00.00 version but forgot my network a few weeks ago right when it took a crap to see if it worked repairing. My traeger is on the 02.00.00 update and iPhone on newest app and still won’t pair to my network. Without being connected to my WiFi even how would they be able to help me with getting my traeger updates? Would I have to have a new computer board sent to me like a previous post? Any help is appreciated, I’ve factory reset my grill numerous times and it won’t reset to previous firmware, just stuck on the 02
I had same issue as you, could not reset to lower than 2.0! I just deleted/forgot the Wi-fi connection in the phone with the Traeger. Just ran the Wifire setup again and all worked... on the 780 Pro... now it connects in no time!

5B4874E3-990A-4AD4-8922-9716E9069AC8.png
Looks like I’m updated and good to go, only took them nearly a month to fix this issue. Seriously unimpressed by traegers customer service, even the $10 chicken rub doesn’t really make up for it. I will be way more wary of updates in the future.

OKAY!

I dunno if this is coincidence or not but i just did a beer can chicken with "I'm so sorry your WiFire doesn't work" rub and amazingly enough the grill is at 2.00.00 firmware and wifi is reconnected?!?!? App connected and works perfectly.

I did nothing new or abnormal but TRY THE CHICKEN RUB TO MAKE THE WIFI WORK!
Wait, you actually got the rub they promised?

View attachment 1099 Looks like I’m updated and good to go, only took them nearly a month to fix this issue. Seriously unimpressed by traegers customer service, even the $10 chicken rub doesn’t really make up for it. I will be way more wary of updates in the future.
Did you actually get your rub?

I had same issue as you, could not reset to lower than 2.0! I just deleted/forgot the Wi-fi connection in the phone with the Traeger. Just ran the Wifire setup again and all worked... on the 780 Pro... now it connects in no time!
I tried that last night, the traeger WiFi won’t come up on my phone unless the traeger is trying to connect so i did that then deleted the WiFi and to start over and nothing still. I think I’ve pretty much tried everything on this forum. Unless I’ve done them wrong nothing is working

I’m back online! They FINALLY pushed the 2.0 update last night and things seem to be working. Now I just need to figure out why they haven’t sent my free rub yet...

Last edited:
I tried that last night, the traeger WiFi won’t come up on my phone unless the traeger is trying to connect so i did that then deleted the WiFi and to start over and nothing still. I think I’ve pretty much tried everything on this forum. Unless I’ve done them wrong nothing is working
In my Android, go to Wi-fi, then details, there it's possible to forget the network. It will not go away, but the settings gone.

Latest Discussions

Back