Failed to download certificate files

I've had a similar experience as most on this thread. I did a reset and have had my grill on standby for a couple fo days. Still no Version 2 and can't connect to the app. I called today and gave the customer rep the breakdown of my experience. He took my info and said he would talk to his manager. He did say I should have received the push already as I called last week. He took my UUID and said they would put in on the list, I guess I continue to wait.
UPDATE: I received a call from Traeger CS this evening. They have determined I should have received the update by now. They are sending me a new board to install in the grill as there is obviously something wrong with mine. Should take about 1 week t arrive (Canada). If you have followed all the steps and left the grill on for some time may be worth giving them a call.

Last edited:
I actually had a supervisor call me today. Another employee that is as frustrated as we are. She informed me that some of the grills will update automatically if connected to internet, but some will not without some help from Traeger IP support. So basically if you are connected to wifi and not updated to 2.0 and on standby like myself for a week now, fill out that form and wait till you receive a call from Traeger. At this point not much can be done but I have asked that they escalate my case hight so I can voice my displeasure. As for now after filling out the form 3 times I am hoping for a phone call Monday or Tuesday.

It seems a number of us have reset our grills to original firmware and reconnected to WiFi. Some have received an update within several hours, and others are awaiting a firmware update despite several days of waiting (as is my case).

Has anyone asked Traeger Customer Support what the difference is between the two scenarios? I may call them (again) tomorrow for an update. If they can explain, I’ll report to the group.

I can’t imagine a board replacement is the fix for all of us who are waiting for the update. (My grill was on Firmware 2.0 two weeks ago, so its hard to see why it couldn’t be updated to 2.0 again.)

m

Customer support has done nothing but refer to the website which you have to wait for them to contact you.
Still stuck at 01.01.06. Grill is connected to my wifi. No firmware update in past 72hrs.
Ready to return this thing.

It seems a number of us have reset our grills to original firmware and reconnected to WiFi. Some have received an update within several hours, and others are awaiting a firmware update despite several days of waiting (as is my case).

Has anyone asked Traeger Customer Support what the difference is between the two scenarios? I may call them (again) tomorrow for an update. If they can explain, I’ll report to the group.

I can’t imagine a board replacement is the fix for all of us who are waiting for the update. (My grill was on Firmware 2.0 two weeks ago, so its hard to see why it couldn’t be updated to 2.0 again.)

m

i have your exact scenario. My gril updated to 2.0 couple weeks ago, which destroyed my app capability. Reset my grill to original firmware... multiple times. Can not get controller to update firmware. Multiple phone devices attempted. Even created a new username under wife’s email. I called customer service today. They said they have no solution or direction for people who’s controllers won’t update. Was told to fill out data at emd of status app and someone would call me. I’m frustrated.

Mine took around 4 days on standby before it received the updated firmware (after I factory reset it)

m
Yes, the supervisor told me there are several in this boat. If you filled out the form they should be calling in the next couple days. If you have reset firmware and haven't updated to 2.0.0 within a few hours we will need Traeger techs to push the update controller. That is the most info I have received. Now if they can actually push and update or if they need to replace the entire controller remains to be seen.

Yes, the supervisor told me there are several in this boat. If you filled out the form they should be calling in the next couple days. If you have reset firmware and haven't updated to 2.0.0 within a few hours we will need Traeger techs to push the update controller. That is the most info I have received. Now if they can actually push and update or if they need to replace the entire controller remains to be seen.
So, I sit with the reset of the group. I can't get the firmware to update. It has been like this for a week or more. I called them again today. They had me do the same thing that I have done several times. I told them it appears that it is something you guys need to push on your end. Cause I have a network sniffer on and the device is arping out and listening on port 80, which I told tech support if it is listen on port 80 you should be able to hit it. I am guessing by the UUID of the grill. They did not know and were sending it to the digital team to work on it. I told tech support I am guessing that is why my grill will not show up in the app but it will connect to my WiFi is because it is on an old firmware that it not support with the new app. They said that could be. So I told them my issue is getting the firmware update and you guys need to push it someway. Because my grill is on my network listening on port 80, so it is on your end.

Just got this email.

“Hi A,

We received your message from the troubleshooting form. I sent your grill a specialized command to update its firmware, it should be downloaded in about 20 minutes. You will know that the update has happened by checking menu -> settings -> about grill & it will list the grill software as 02.00.00. Once this migration happens, please forget wifi on the grill controller and re-pair. You should be all set after that update.

Please let me know if you have any issues.”

I’ll be home in a half hour so I’ll update you guys on whether this debacle is finally done with or not.

I got the same message today from “TPG Mobile” and it worked! I’m connected to my grill again. CADDFBEC-7884-4876-80C7-722342E82FB3.jpeg

Last edited:
I filled out the form on Saturday and today the grill upgraded to 2.0.0, finally. I forgot the network, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, did the setup, and it WORKS now. Almost a month later, it is finally fixed.

I think it’s been mentioned on here before but didn’t see a response or what traeger told someone what they could do to help. I have my pro 780 on the 02.00.00 version but forgot my network a few weeks ago right when it took a crap to see if it worked repairing. My traeger is on the 02.00.00 update and iPhone on newest app and still won’t pair to my network. Without being connected to my WiFi even how would they be able to help me with getting my traeger updates? Would I have to have a new computer board sent to me like a previous post? Any help is appreciated, I’ve factory reset my grill numerous times and it won’t reset to previous firmware, just stuck on the 02

Finally got the email!!

"
Hi Lou,

Wanted to send you a brief note letting you know that your grill has made the move to the new cloud platform. Please forget the wifi network and re-pair the grill. You should be good to go and let us know if any issues arise.

Thank you."

All connected now.

I think it’s been mentioned on here before but didn’t see a response or what traeger told someone what they could do to help. I have my pro 780 on the 02.00.00 version but forgot my network a few weeks ago right when it took a crap to see if it worked repairing. My traeger is on the 02.00.00 update and iPhone on newest app and still won’t pair to my network. Without being connected to my WiFi even how would they be able to help me with getting my traeger updates? Would I have to have a new computer board sent to me like a previous post? Any help is appreciated, I’ve factory reset my grill numerous times and it won’t reset to previous firmware, just stuck on the 02
If the grill won't reset to original firmware you must work with service to resolve that issue before you can move forward. You have to have the grill on your network or it's game over.

Back