Failed to download certificate files

I don't know what firmware I got but mine updated yesterday when I started it up and for whatever reason, it holds temp better than any previous versions did. I hope they can just leave it alone now.

I don't know what firmware I got but mine updated yesterday when I started it up and for whatever reason, it holds temp better than any previous versions did. I hope they can just leave it alone now.

😄 yeah, good luck with that

Nope. This is the newest firmware and config. On a pro 780.
20201219_105052.jpg
Mine updated to this December 16th.

Thanks to SmokeyJoe. It appears to have worked on my Ironwood 650 by resetting to the prior version so it could connect to my network. I then had to forget my network on the grill (command will be there only when you are connected). I deleted and reinstalled the iPhone app just for good measure and repaired the app and grill. Grill is now at Version 2.0 and working with the app. Nice to know about the reset.
On my Pro 575 I could not get it to connect after I installed a new mesh system. After trying many things I restored to factory. I also remembered my cell phone provider has a VPN that works with their app. Turning the VPN off seemed to do the trick. Because it was a mesh system it saw the 2.4GHz network on both routers. Selecting the first one didn't work so I tried again on the second and it worked.

Hey guys I just bought my 780 over the weekend and am having a lot of the same issues. I have tried 2 different routers. One was a home velop system and one was Verizon Fios. On the Fios it connects for about 4-5 seconds than disappears from the scree going back to its own WiFi it asks me to name the grill but then goes back to main screen with no grills paired. I called customer service they walked me through everything and are sending me a new controller already updated to the new firmware. Do you think that will solve problem or is there something I can do with my current one? Thanks

After installing an Asus XT8 mesh system I had a horrible time trying to get my 575 to connect. I finally resolved it by returning the 575 to factory default. Once I did that I was able to get it connected.

I just had same issue on my Pro 780. First thought it was because I had a new router with same SSID / wifi password. So I deleted the grill and tried to add it. After scanning QR code on grill and entering SSID password for wifi, it joins the SSID name, then says both on the phone and grill menu, downloading files but then switches to the "Traegar Grill XXXX" network and gets the error failed to download certificates.
Were you able to figure this issue out? I know it is 2 years later but I just bought 780 pro and it'll get to downloading files on the app then spin for awhile and just say unable to connect to grill. SW I have is 02.02.01 and most recent is 02.02.03. Out of options and feel like i have tried everything, plz help!

After a week or so of trial and error I got my pro 575 to work and these are my steps
1. Reset grill by doing the about grill and ignite combo.
2. Reconnected the grill to WiFi. (Will not pair to phone)
3. Turn off grill after WiFi connects.
4. Unplug traeger and let sit for around 5-10 minutes.
5. Turn back on grill, but do not wake the screen.
6. Let sit for around 24 hours and the grill should have updated to 2.0 without any interruption.
7. Go into WiFi settings and forget WiFi.
8. After WiFi has been forgotten, go through normal pairing process through your traeger app.

Hopefully this works for you guys, I’ve tried everything that traeger has sent out so I’m assuming that keeping the grill on but not waking the screen might be the key? Best of luck everyone!
There is my problem with my 575.......the "about grill/ignite combo" does nothing.

Just noticed this thread is basically dead........ all the posts are over 1 year old most of them 2!

Back