EERO Router- Can’t Connect

dblcrona

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I just got an EERO 6 router which doesn’t have dedicated 2.4Ghz & 5.0Ghz bands. It is both on one band and I cannot get my 575Proto connect. I have tried turning off the 5.0 frequency, using Legacy mode and turning off the advanced security. Any EERO users who have figured this out? Thanks

In order for the Traeger to connect, your phone must be connected to the 2.4 gHz band of the router. If you have a cell phone that is capable of connecting to the 5 gig network, the Eero is going to put your phone on that band. The only way for the process to work is to turn off the 5 gig WiFI radio in your phone and then connect to the 2.4 g band of the router. Then you can set up the Traeger. Once the Traeger is connected to the router, you will be just fine resetting the WiFi on your phone.

You do not necessarily have to use a cell phone for the setup. You can use a tablet as well. It just has to be a device that has both 2.4 gig WiFI and bluetooth capability so the device can connect directly to the router for the setup to occur. You will have to determine a method for disabling the 5 gHz WiFi radio on your specific phone.

Another possibility would be to purchase a cheap router (perhaps from a Goodwill or other thrift store). You should be able to get a Wireless N router for under $20. You might be able to get one for free if you know someone who has a box of used parts. Set up that router as an access port by connecting it to one of your Eero routers using an Ethernet cable. Be sure it operates in access port so the Eero router will be responsible for IP address assignments. Make sure the access port has a good line of sight to your Traeger. Set the access port up with its own SSID on the 2.4 gHz network. You do not even have use the 5 gHz band. Then connect your cell phone or tablet to the 2.4 gHz SSID of the access port and use it to set up the Traeger. Once the Traeger is connected you can move your phone back to the Eero router, but the Traeger will have to remain on the access port.

In order for the Traeger to connect, your phone must be connected to the 2.4 gHz band of the router. If you have a cell phone that is capable of connecting to the 5 gig network, the Eero is going to put your phone on that band. The only way for the process to work is to turn off the 5 gig WiFI radio in your phone and then connect to the 2.4 g band of the router. Then you can set up the Traeger. Once the Traeger is connected to the router, you will be just fine resetting the WiFi on your phone.

You do not necessarily have to use a cell phone for the setup. You can use a tablet as well. It just has to be a device that has both 2.4 gig WiFI and bluetooth capability so the device can connect directly to the router for the setup to occur. You will have to determine a method for disabling the 5 gHz WiFi radio on your specific phone.

Another possibility would be to purchase a cheap router (perhaps from a Goodwill or other thrift store). You should be able to get a Wireless N router for under $20. You might be able to get one for free if you know someone who has a box of used parts. Set up that router as an access port by connecting it to one of your Eero routers using an Ethernet cable. Be sure it operates in access port so the Eero router will be responsible for IP address assignments. Make sure the access port has a good line of sight to your Traeger. Set the access port up with its own SSID on the 2.4 gHz network. You do not even have use the 5 gHz band. Then connect your cell phone or tablet to the 2.4 gHz SSID of the access port and use it to set up the Traeger. Once the Traeger is connected you can move your phone back to the Eero router, but the Traeger will have to remain on the access port.
This could certainly work, but I found on another forum that you can go into your Eero app, then click Settings > Troubleshooting > My device won't connect > My device is 2.4 GHz only > Temporarily pause 5 GHz. This should allow your setup to complete.

This could certainly work, but I found on another forum that you can go into your Eero app, then click Settings > Troubleshooting > My device won't connect > My device is 2.4 GHz only > Temporarily pause 5 GHz. This should allow your setup to complete.

If your router and/or phone can turn off the 5 gHz WiFi radio, you can do that.

Back