eero dual band mesh router and WiFire

Quick update here.

I was able to get it to connect to WiFi and apply updates by running through my Guest Network I set up on Eero. Seeing as that’s not the network I want to run my phone or grill through, I unpaired and attempted to re-pair with my normal network, which failed again.

Quick update here.

I was able to get it to connect to WiFi and apply updates by running through my Guest Network I set up on Eero. Seeing as that’s not the network I want to run my phone or grill through, I unpaired and attempted to re-pair with my normal network, which failed again.
Were you able to repair to the guest network? I have tried the main network and the guest network with no success. Did you turn off the Mesh to connect? Thanks!

Were you able to repair to the guest network? I have tried the main network and the guest network with no success. Did you turn off the Mesh to connect? Thanks!

Yes, I was able to re-pair to my guest network again.

And actually, I just discovered that I can still communicate with the grill when I switch my phone back to my main network, and the grill stays on the Guest Network.

I forgot to mention two things that may be worth trying if you’re having difficulties connecting using the Guest Network.
1. I had my phone on Airplane Mode the whole time.
2. I turned off Band Steering in the Advanced Settings, Eero Labs for my network, just in case the Eero was thinking the grill had used 5 gHz at some point in time and was attempting to push 5 gHz to the grill.

And actually, I just discovered that I can still communicate with the grill when I switch my phone back to my main network, and the grill stays on the Guest Network.

I forgot to mention two things that may be worth trying if you’re having difficulties connecting using the Guest Network.
1. I had my phone on Airplane Mode the whole time.
2. I turned off Band Steering in the Advanced Settings, Eero Labs for my network, just in case the Eero was thinking the grill had used 5 gHz at some point in time and was attempting to push 5 gHz to the grill.
Thanks so much for your feedback! So is everything working correctly for you now?

Well, that is positive!

Between my mother who is ill and the havoc that the COVID-19 virus has created for the College and University classes that I teach, I probably won't be able to look at trouble-shooting my new 780 for at least another month or so. It is good to know that I should be able to get things to work as they are supposed to.

If you try a full cook with GrillGuide, please let us know how that works.

Thanks again for the updates.

I have been able to connect to Eero system no problem. But as soon as I shut off my Timberline and then turn it back on I have to go through the connection process all over each time. Very frustrating

Traeger shipped me a new Ironwood (scheduled to be delivered today). Once again, I ahve no complaints about their customer service. My intial unit has worked flawlessly with my Eero. I'm very curious to see how this replacement works. If issues, I may just swap the 2 control panels.

I also have a ceramic kamado but my new Traeger Pro 780 is my very first pellet grill.

I am hopeful that Traeger will work with me with regards to getting it and keeping it connected. I just won't have the time to mess with that until April.

At least I know that I am not alone, lots of people seem to be having connection issues. My guess is that they know they have issues that still need to be ironed out.

Been having the same problem with my 1300 and a dual band mesh network. Have tried everything and anything to get this thing to work. Multiple calls to customer service - and yesterday was the worst interaction I’ve had. So on this occasion I was told to change my WiFi network password to a weak password with no symbols as the software doesn’t like non-alphanumeric characters??!! Never heard that one before. Then I was told to create a dedicated 2.4 band on a Dual Band network - which my Internet provider will not do. Anyway. Every time I try to connect I get a weak WiFi network error - and there’s a mesh hub within 10 inches of the grill. Personally I think the WiFi chip is toast and asked for a new board but I was told to try everything again. Normally - good customer service but this dude yesterday was brutal.

Yikes! I sure hope that Traeger stands behind their grills with good support or sending out replacement controllers if need be. Time will tell, but it's a brand new grill and I expect it to work as advertised.

New Ironwood connected instantly to eero. I couldn’t see it in the app, but left it for 10 mins. It updated to v2.00.02 and off to the races!

Question for the eero people, is your grill finding the network through the app? How advanced is your WiFi passphrase? Mine is all lower case letters. Might make a difference?

I spent a couple of hours on the phone with Traeger support to resolve two issues with my nearly new grill.

Last weekend after about 5 cooks the lid came off in my hands. The left hinge broke. the lid itself seemed a bit wonky as well. Traeger is sending me a new hinge and lid.

We then attempted to tackle the fact that my Pro 780 will not connect to my eero network. We determined that the grill software and firmware are old but I cannot update them until I can successfully connect to my network. I called eero who were very helpful and temporarily turned off 5GHz so the grill could connect to the 2.4 GHz band. No luck after several attempts so I called back to Traeger again and we did more troubleshooting. Still no luck. They think my controller may be faulty and are sending a new one.

I have a 2.4 GHz Nest security camera on my deck that connects and stays connected with no issues. Connecting my grill shouldn't be a problem yet it is. Traeger needs to address this shortcoming. The wifi connectivity was the main reason that I purchased this grill and I expect it to work as advertised.

Unfortunately, Traeger cannot give me a date on when the lid assembly or controller will arrive. I am most concerned about the hinge and lid as without that fixed I cannot use the grill at all and prime grilling season is finally here.

While I am pleased that Traeger are standing behind their product, I am very disappointed as I had big grilling plans this summer and I have 2-month-old grill sitting on my deck that I cannot use.

This hasn't been the stellar introduction to Traeger grills that I was hoping for. ?

Back