Don't like my 575 for Pizza at all

Slimpicker

⚒️ MODERATOR
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
It probably don't matter anyway, Pizza is not anywhere near the reason I have a Traeger, but at 400° for 30 min and it wasn't close to getting done....
I probably need something besides a metal tray to put it on but I'd rather not spend the $$ on something I should stop eating anyway.

We used to cook Papa Murphy’s take and bake pizzas on our 780. The cook time needed several more minutes vs the oven but the finished product out performed the oven.
Our local grocery store started selling pizza dough and my wife has been making pizzas. We use a pizza stone from Pampered Chef to cook. These pizzas come out great!

I use a pizza stone in mine. Works pretty good. It's better for reheating pizza than for cooking pizza though.

My sister picked up an Ooni Pizza Oven. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but she loves it.

It's better for reheating pizza than for cooking pizza though.

Yeah, that's the feeling I was getting while watching the Traeger struggling to cook mine.

Remove the drip tray, use a pizza stone, cook it at 450 for 15-18 mins. We do fresh pizza every Friday and comes out great. Never tried frozen pizza so can't comment on that. Have the pizza stone in the grill during the preheat so that it is gradually brought up to temperature otherwise you will break it from thermal shock putting a cold stone in a hot grill. Do a quick search on here, there are some pizza threads kicking around with some suggestions to making a good pizza. Removing the drip tray was a big change for me, allows the heat to get more directly to the stone.

My suggestion would be to pre-heat the stone or plate before putting the pizza on. This will help it cook much faster and get a better crust.

We used to cook Papa Murphy’s take and bake pizzas on our 780. The cook time needed several more minutes vs the oven but the finished product out performed the oven.
Our local grocery store started selling pizza dough and my wife has been making pizzas. We use a pizza stone from Pampered Chef to cook. These pizzas come out great!

Geez, that sounds great. I'm gonna try that this weekend!

We bought a Baking Steel works great or
A cast iron skillet works extremely well

It probably don't matter anyway, Pizza is not anywhere near the reason I have a Traeger, but at 400° for 30 min and it wasn't close to getting done....
I probably need something besides a metal tray to put it on but I'd rather not spend the $$ on something I should stop eating anyway.

We love Pizza on ours! One thing I started doing was putting a baking sheet on the second rack to help deflect heat back down on the top of the Pizza. I normally bake 'em at 425. I've tried a stone and that works well too.

I wouldn't give up on using the Traeger for Pizza just yet!

One thing I started doing was putting a baking sheet on the second rack to help deflect heat back down on the top of the Pizza.

OK, now we're getting somewhere... good idea

Latest Discussions

Back