Don't know what model my treager is??

JeepCigar85

Reaction score
Grill
Not exactly sure it's old got it used
Hey all I'm new to the treager world been hearing good things about the smokers and the food!
I have aquired a treager smoker that didn't work, tried looking on line to see what model it is the cereal number have faded off,so I called treager tech support they had no idea?
So here is the rundown, black on stainless pellet hopper inside of the smoker (not on out side like all of the rest)cleaned it up and installed the emergency repair kit (mice had clogged the blower motor and ate some wiring) all new parts seams to run ok,so far only cooked some brats on in last weekend my profile pic is the unit in question thanks !!

Here is black betty

Attachments

• Title.jpg
    Title.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 114
Pretty sure it's a BBQ300 model.

Bizarre that Traeger support didn't know their own unit, even if old.

Googling photos of a BBQ300, they all look like your Black Betty.

there is no sticker with model number and i dont have the box or anything so idk what kind of traeger this is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 20
Looks to me it might be an early Texas model. Wheels on all 4 legs and stack to the right. You might be able to match it up with Traeger pictures on line. The wheels might be a clue, I don't know what year they changed to the wide wheels on the stack end. Sorry I couldn't be more help. If it fires up and works, your in for some good eats. Welcome to the site, good folks and good info.

Another thing I forgot. Look at the controller and see if there is a small hole just right of the readout. This hole gives you access to the P setting button. If the hole is there you can search P settings on a Traeger and understand how it is used. Traeger eliminated the access hole to the P button about 2016. Hope this is helpful.

Back