Help! Digital Controller Problems

Edwid

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I have a Ironwood 885 Traeger Pellet smoker. The D2 digital controller turns on and i can see some of the information on the screen but it also has vertical dark lines or striations throughout the screen which makes it very difficult to read. The smoker still works as it should but the controller programs and options are very hard to read through these lines. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it or any ideas short of having to order a new controllere

This is what my screen looks like on the D2 digital controller!

Attachments

• 20201121_170843.jpg
    20201121_170843.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 42
Mine looked like that when I first plugged mine in. I was a bit concerned, but it subsided completely within a couple hours and is totally clear now

I used the smoker last nite, noticed the screen, but didnt affect the smoking/temps/or any other problems, but it did not go away. I smoked for approximately 6 hours. The only thing different is that i used it in cold weather (45 F) which i hadn't before. I wonder if that affected it...although why I don't really know?? I turned it on again today and it still has not cleared after several hours! HMMM!

You need to adjust the CONTRAST on the LCD screen.

Hit the MENU button. Go to SETTINGS ->>CONTRAST --> and set it to 005. Push the knob to select each menu and setting.
1606172876253.png

1606172962688.png

1606172976271.png

so it was set at 3, moved it to 5, completely darkened the screen, moved it to setting of 1 (now obvious that 1 is the brightest) and lightened it up to a workable screen altho' I still have a slight issue at the lower left and lower right of the screen. (It would be nice if traeger support was at least that helpful) I thank you for your input and help. You are a good man and a grillmeister! salud!

Weird. You may need a new screen/controller. I'd contact them with pics. I had the same issue till I adjusted it to 005.

Just following up with an update. Troubleshot controller with a customer rep with no luck. Went through many different variations of fixes for both the blackened screen and also wifi problems. After a couple of days of troubleshooting, guess what...? My controller Software version was outdated and therefore controller would need replacing. I mean, I guess it wudda been nice if the initial rep would have just gone that route as soon as i gave him the SW version (1.00.11) on the screen...Ennyway, I suppose problem is solved (with a new controller coming)! Lookout for lag time! Jan 26th, estimated shipping date hopefully! "It's in the mail"! On a good note, the cooker smokes nice!!!

Attachments

• 13143.jpeg
    13143.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 9

Latest Discussions

Back