Difference between Pro 575 and 22 series

TomMc

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger series 22
Hi all ! I have a 22 series that the wife bought off of QVC. I’ve had it for over a year now and use it at least once a week, year round. When looking for an insulating blanket earlier in the winter , I found that I needed one for either a 22 series and or a 575 series. What’s the difference ?

What’s the difference ?

Are you asking what's the difference in the blanket? NONE
The only REAL difference in the 575 and 22 is the 575 has the Wifire controller and uses the APP, the 22 is manual as you well know.
They both share the same COVER too...

the big differences between the 22 and 575 "for me" were the grill height, the vertical space inside the 575 bowl, and the better placement of the upper rack. when you look at the side of a 22 and 575, you can see that the 575 is oval shaped, and the 22 is round. space makes all the difference in the world to me when cooking.

i'm tall so bending over to work on a low grill sucks, so i also prefer/require a higher grilling surface.

the other main thing i noticed that hasn't been mentioned is the location of the upper grate in the 575. one complaint for the 22 was the lack of space under the upper rack. on the 575 it's slightly higher than in the 22 (due to the increased oval design of the 575). so again, more useable space on the lower rack, when using the upper.

if you add a second upper rack, as we will soon see accomplished by yours truly, you have a ton of room to do meats and veggies at the same time. this was an issue for me with my brother's camp chef (a very similar model to the 22) last week. i had to do the veggies, then the meat, so it was an extra 35-45 minutes before i was able to table the meal.

of course as mentioned, the tech is "upgraded" in the 575, though there are many comments regarding the inaccuracy of the traeger probes and heat control systems. so they need some bugs worked out of the systems there.

welcome!

Latest Discussions

Back