D2 Controller Firmware Version

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
What version of the firmware is your D2 controller running? Mine is v01.00.11 How do you do a firmware update in the future? Is it automatic?

Has anyone received a newer firmware update yet?

What version of the firmware is your D2 controller running? Mine is v01.00.11 How do you do a firmware update in the future? Is it automatic?

View attachment 36
I have the same version. There rumors that a new Firmware has been released or its being released soon. The Grill has to be in stand by and it will update automatically <<<< thats what I have been told.

My firmware is the same as well.

I noticed my grill is showing a new firmware today. v.01.01.00. Does anyone know if there is a change log available?

I was told by a customer service rep last week that an update it's available. I haven't received one however.

From what I can see Traeger hasn't published the change log as of yet.

Yup I agree. Last log I see is dated March 5 2019

How do we get firmware updated? Mine is same version. Brand new 885 and temp issues and fan shuts off and on.

How do we get firmware updated? Mine is same version. Brand new 885 and temp issues and fan shuts off and on.
I was told you need to leave the grill idle and connected to Wi-Fi for 24-48 hrs. I was also told the signal strength needs to be -50 or better to get the update. Keep in mind to get a -45 signal I needed to be 6" from my network extender. I still haven't received an update though.

1st call to cust service said take controll off and check orange wire for the temp issues. I then called the wifire help number pressed 2 and got a person who seems to CARE MORE. A manager will be calling back.

Heres my settings from screen and version.

Attachments

• 20190422_185615.jpg
    20190422_185615.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 846
When they said to "check the orange wire" what are they refering to? Check for what? Most people can only check if it's plugged in. I'm trying to get a service/ wiring diagram for this controller and sensors. I then want to check my RTD based on several temp setpoints and also verify output voltages to fan, etc. I do expect some temp variation but keeping in mind that it is a fire pot providing the heat and reaction to the actual feedback will not be fast nor too precise. Other than smoking at 225 which it struggles to do, all higher temps are ok. My guess is either controller reflash and/or a new/different RTD.

meaning check to see if its plugged into the controller. I took out the 4 screws and the plug has 2 VERY long tabs that plug into the board mine was tilted at an angle but not out. weather or not that will make a difference TBA. Gona try again tonight.

Last night after checking the wire i put it back in and when you put the control back in you need to tilt it a bit the push top in or that orange jack dislodges again.

Set at 185 and ignite (new apple wood) hit 166 and stayed there fan did not come on and off on and off like before.
stepped up to 210 and it made it to 190-194 hit SUPER SMOKE went up to 225 and 230. shut off SS
stepped up to 500 at 8:03pm
490 @9min
481 @ 12min
482@ 13min
stabilized 482-486 @ 15min past turning it up.
shutdown

WHEN in super smoke noted that the fan did pulse again once it reached 225

Have you compared your.pit RTD to
meaning check to see if its plugged into the controller. I took out the 4 screws and the plug has 2 VERY long tabs that plug into the board mine was tilted at an angle but not out. weather or not that will make a difference TBA. Gona try again tonight.

Last night after checking the wire i put it back in and when you put the control back in you need to tilt it a bit the push top in or that orange jack dislodges again.

Set at 185 and ignite (new apple wood) hit 166 and stayed there fan did not come on and off on and off like before.
stepped up to 210 and it made it to 190-194 hit SUPER SMOKE went up to 225 and 230. shut off SS
stepped up to 500 at 8:03pm
490 @9min
481 @ 12min
482@ 13min
stabilized 482-486 @ 15min past turning it up.
shutdown

WHEN in super smoke noted that the fan did pulse again once it reached 225
Have you compared the pit RTD actual feedback to another thermometer? I have and I find the pit RTD reads a bit low. I find the higher the temp setpoint the larger the difference in accuracy. The thermocouple is beside the rtd during the comparison. I also did check the calibration of the comparison probe prior to this test.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190408-183044_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190408-183044_Gallery.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 534
  • Screenshot_20190408-182849_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190408-182849_Gallery.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back