D2 controller and thermocouple replacement

TXFIre

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Has anyone received a new D2 controller and or a thermocouple for their Pro 575?
Did it help with temperature issues?

Has anyone received a new D2 controller and or a thermocouple for their Pro 575?
Did it help with temperature issues?

I received a new D2 and it did NOT fix the issue. Supposedly I have a thermocouple on the way so fingers crossed that fixed the issue

I received a new D2 and it did NOT fix the issue. Supposedly I have a thermocouple on the way so fingers crossed that fixed the issue
Yep same with me. New controller and thermocouple did nothing.
I ended up swapping out the 575 for the Ironwood 650.

I may do that as well. Wonder if Home Depot will allow me to return it. Bought the extended warranty they offer.. have to give them a call and ask..

Have you had any problems with the new Ironwood?

They were shipping me out a new controller but I received a Pro 22 Grill Cover instead. Called CS to return the cover and they told me to keep it.

I also had the same issue with the pro 575 and swapped it for the Ironwood 650. No issue with the Ironwood so far.

Best solution for people having problems with their pro 575 is to just upgrade to the Ironwood. I went through 2 different pro 575s that each had the same issues (one had a faulty igniter also, basically a flame thrower instead), just received my Ironwood 650 yesterday and I am so glad I upgraded! It feels like a tank compared to the pro series, I was skeptical that it wouldn’t be much of an upgrade but it really is. More features on the controller (super smoke ?), higher temps, more insulation, the side table even, and honestly the wheels on all legs are low key my favorite upgrade.

Definitely more flexibility....enjoy the 650 it works great!

I am so incredibly disappointed in Traeger right now. I received my pro 575 and right out of the box, I got the high temp error and the temp sensor out error. It will hold a temperature for about 10-15 min, then all of a sudden the control panel shoots up to 702 degrees and I get my errors. Traeger said I need a new thermocouple BUT it is back ordered for 4-6 weeks! They really weren't helpful and said I could find a dealer to purchase one. Ummm... your product is defective and I've already spent a ton of money on you! No dealers in my area even have the new parts for the new grills yet! It's really just ridiculous and it looks like other people are having similar issues in this forum. I HOPE that when I get this part (maybe in Aug) that it will fix the issue and that its not the control panel. I will be livid if I have to wait until the Fall to use this damn grill.

What also gets me, is that they will not do a return since its opened and assembled. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF IT WORKS IF YOU DONT PUT IT TOGERTHER? Seems like a cop out for sure.

I really wanted to love this grill, but it has been nothing but a headache. Looks like I will be out a grill for the entire summer.

Attachments

• IMG_1986.jpeg
    IMG_1986.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 314
Man iam really sorry that you're having this many issues with it right out of the box.

Where did you purchase it?

As you mentioned its seems as if everyone minus the lucky few are having issues with the 575. I was and took mine back.

It's sad that Traeger wont own up to the issue and make it right. Hopefully they loose alot of business over this..

I wish the best for you

I purchased it through their website, which was a headache of its own! Thanks for the well wishes! Hopefully we will be able to have a "end of summer" bbq or something... haha

Back