Cycling white and blue smoke

SmokeOrNah

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22
Hi all, new Traeger owner. I seasoned my grill a few days ago and (to my knowledge) everything seemed to be working fine. Did my first cook today, set temp to 225, and starting off I saw a nice semi-transparent blue smoke, however after about 10 minutes I saw it started getting heavier and billowing, white smoke. Then after roughly 10 minutes of that it went back to the normal blue. Back and forth for the entire cook. I did notice the white smoke correlated with the grill temperature fluctuations (which I have been informed many times by the "Traeger Support chat" is normal) where when it would slowly rise to 245 the smoke would start billowing, and when it dropped back down to around 211 is when it'd return to blue smoke.

I just wanted some confirmations that this is normal as that's what the "Traeger Support" have led me to believe, despite the Traeger website saying you should only really see white smoke during startup.

Thank you :)

Oh also smoke came out of the pellet hopper during the shutdown cycle, I wanted to see if that was normal as well.

Back