Costco’s Silverton 620/820 issue

I've got the same issue with the gap from the 1 screw front and back. Called CS today, they did a video chat and took pictures and want me to call back tomorrow... Really hoping they provide a replacement I can return to Costco the same as Dcgunman, but not holding my breath to get that lucky.

I've had it almost a year and want to return it to Costco, but am a little embarrassed to take it back at this point. Wish I would have gotten the IW as I originally wanted, but thought the Silverton with insulation and cabinet was a good deal.

I've got the same issue with the gap from the 1 screw front and back. Called CS today, they did a video chat and took pictures and want me to call back tomorrow... Really hoping they provide a replacement I can return to Costco the same as Dcgunman, but not holding my breath to get that lucky.

I've had it almost a year and want to return it to Costco, but am a little embarrassed to take it back at this point. Wish I would have gotten the IW as I originally wanted, but thought the Silverton with insulation and cabinet was a good deal.
CS told me to call them back today and they were supposed to have a response ready. Seems the person I talked to for over 30 minutes yesterday did not leave any notes so the person today had to start all over, do a video chat and take pictures etc. Following the prior thread, I re-shared that I was worried about a grease fire behind the metal… After waiting on hold again, she came back to say, “they have sold plenty of these and there are no issues.” The loose metal is just a heat shield and not a problem, just keep up my regular maintenance.

Oh well, guess I tried.

Yes front of the grill. Back is okay. With the one screw in the middle I have movement. But the right side has an obvious gap. Not a big gap. Bu t (IMO) over time grease could get inside and run down to the bottom. If you dont pay attention to this you might have a grease build up and eventually a grease fire? I dont know. But you never know. So the T CS lady took the video she did on my grill and took it to service tech and came bck and said yes it could possibly be a safety issue. Said she'd send me a new grill which I got on Tuesday and imediately took back to Costco for the upgrade to the Century 885. I was happy with the 620. But happier with the bigger grill.
The century 885 is not an upgrade it’s just larger

I’ve posted this over in the Facebook Rookie forum already.
I purchased the Silverton 620 at Costco almost 2 weeks ago. Got it home and assembled it and seasoned the grill per instructions. Over the weekend I used it 5 times. Monday I cleaned it. While cleaning the grill I noticed one of the four wing screws holding the HotPot was missing. No big deal. The 3 screws was secure. Then I noticed the inside aluminum siding (underneath the HotPot & Drip tray was held on to the front and back by 1 screw in the middle (front and back). So the it wasn’t up flush against the grill frame. I had a 1/8” to 1/4”gap on the right side. I could push it flush against the frame but it would go back to a gap once I let go.
So I called the T CS the next day about the missing screw. She was glad to send me the missing screw. While on the phone I mentioned about the (possible design flaw) on the inside aluminum lining. She put me on video chat with my phone so she could see what I was talking about. After 10 minutes with her she put me on hold and showed tech support. She came back 5 minutes later and said they will send me a new 620. They (and I) think this could be a fire issue later on down the line with grease flowing down the side (inside between the aluminum siding and the actual grill frame). There is no way to get to this to clean it up unless you take apart the HotPot/ignitor & the 2 screws holding the underneath/side lining.
Yep I just called Traeger thanks to you . They are picking up my 810 and shipping me a brand new Silverton 810 . I saw your post and have only had mine for a few weeks . Thank you for posting .

CS told me to call them back today and they were supposed to have a response ready. Seems the person I talked to for over 30 minutes yesterday did not leave any notes so the person today had to start all over, do a video chat and take pictures etc. Following the prior thread, I re-shared that I was worried about a grease fire behind the metal… After waiting on hold again, she came back to say, “they have sold plenty of these and there are no issues.” The loose metal is just a heat shield and not a problem, just keep up my regular maintenance.

Oh well, guess I tried.
Call traeger they will take care of it for you

Do you think that is a design flaw that could be in all 620s?

My 620 is only 1 week old & has only been cooked on 1 time because of constant rain.

Should be able to get a 2nd cook by this Friday or Saturday.

Will have to check that out before I fire it up again.

Traeger sure seems to quickly replace grills instead of fixing them.
It’s in the 620 and 810 models .

InkBird

Latest Discussions

Back