Considering a Pro 34

PapaRoe9

Reaction score
The BX has a good price on a Traeger Pro 34, $649.99 (no tax and free shipping). I’m considering making the move from stick to a pellet grill. However, I’m a little concerned about not being able to sear steaks, and if this is an outdated model. Looking for advice.

Price is good - $50 lower than they usually sell for. Do they have any other models available? They still sell them, so not sure if I'd call it outdated yet. But the newer models with the D2 controllers give you a lot more flexibility. Especially if you're looking to sear steaks.

Look for a model with the D2 controllers. I have a grillgrates which I put in my Traeger and turn the temp up to 500f and sear your steak there. Another method I use for Rib eye is to smoke to an internal of 110F. I then put the rib eye on the grillgrates which has been preheated on my BBQ. This is quicker, just as good and saves a lot of pellets.

Welcome to the forum @PapaRoe9 - Grill grates definitely seem to be the ticket for cooking steaks on the Traeger. I've seen/read many positive reviews on them.

Check Costco too, sometimes they will have great deals on Traegers.

I know it's a bigger chunk of $$, but getting a WIFIre grill is much better... the Pro 22 and 34 have the same controller and I took my 22 back cuz temps were uncontrollable...

Latest Discussions

Back