Confused.

Frankinvegas

Reaction score
Grill
Treager 885 Ironwood
Hi,
Need some advice. Never owned a smoker. Don't know if i should get the pro 760 or pay a lot more for the Ironwood 885?
Thanks
Frank

Personally I think the Pro 780 is perfectly capable at that price and the 885, while I have it, doesn't offer that much more for $400. I needed the back exhaust and the side insulated panels which I why I went with the 885. Got $100 off it to from Ace for a little pain and suffering trying to get it.

Personally I would do the new Ironwood 885 second generation 2019 with the D2 controller.
I use the wifi the app all the time. It allows me to do anything else and I get a notification when probe temp is reached.
Also I am told that the upgrades to the auger are worth it, but do some reading on this.
I don’t babysit this thing. Just look at my phone on occasion!!!

Personally I would do the new Ironwood 885 second generation 2019 with the D2 controller.
I use the wifi the app all the time. It allows me to do anything else and I get a notification when probe temp is reached.
Also I am told that the upgrades to the auger are worth it, but do some reading on this.
I don’t babysit this thing. Just look at my phone on occasion!!!

The pro has the D2 controller and WiFire as well....

Ive had a pro series and I now have an ironwood, Highly recommend the ironwood.

Which pro though. The older ones aren't near what the current ones are.

Which pro though. The older ones aren't near what the current ones are.
I went through 2 pro series 575s, each one defective when it comes to internal temperature. The first ones igniter some how turned the grill into a flamethrower which was cool. The Ironwood has worked perfectly and is reading the correct temperature perfectly! the super smoke mode on the controller is also a huge plus, and the overall build quality of an Ironwood feels like a tank compared to the pro series. I think the ironwood is well worth the extra money!

I went through 2 pro series 575s, each one defective when it comes to internal temperature. The first ones igniter some how turned the grill into a flamethrower which was cool. The Ironwood has worked perfectly and is reading the correct temperature perfectly! the super smoke mode on the controller is also a huge plus, and the overall build quality of an Ironwood feels like a tank compared to the pro series. I think the ironwood is well worth the extra money!
Traeger just pushed out a firmware update to the Pro 575 and 780 this morning. All the internal temperature issues are solved and the grills now work perfectly. The Pro 575 or 780 are good choices.

Nothing wrong with the Pro. Also, you get what you pay for...

My 885 holds temp with better with the double insulated walls. Built like a tank too, it’s just a higher quality product than my Pro was.

But again, the Pro is awesome and hands above many others.

Back