Cleaning?

Omega1xg

Reaction score
Grill
Junior BBQ155
What? I dont understand the question. Take a wire brush to the grate and call it a good day.
Well, every now and then maybe take a shop vac to the fire pot to get out the ash buildup.
Other than that it should be fairly maintenance free.

CampWhatnot

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650
How clean should i clean the inside ?
I scrape the grates down with a ball of tin foil and then I vacuum out the fire pot and the inside the pit the following morning after a cook. Re wrap the drip pan and remove any left over pellets. There are times I will cook twice b4 cleaning however it depends on if they are smaller cooks and similar meat and flavour profiles.

Beaser

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I occasionally wipe down the inside with Krud Cutter and rinse with water and vinegar, but only when it's a messy cook. No harsh smells left . I use the balled up foil , works better than any brush for Traeger and Weber,
I vacuum the fire pot and lower cavity about once a week. I also wipe the grease trough and channel to bucket. The Ironwood has been easier to recover the drip pan than the previous . It takes about 5 minutes to refoil the pan.

There can be a buildup of creosote around the exhaust . A wipe around the exhaust and door is always a good idea.