Cleaning grates

TheGrumpyGriller

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
I've never tried it, but it would be pretty pricey compared to Zep Citrus cleaner. Bout $11.50 a gallon at Lowes.

1610059349336.png

Slight tangential question: HOW do you clean you grates? Mine is much bigger than my kitchen sink, so I end up cleaning one quarter at a time and rotating it around. It also makes a mess around the counter around the sink.

I use foil to give a good scraping and then spray with Traeger cleaner and wipe with paper towels . I do it all white they are in the grill including both sides. After cleaning the grates, I continue to remove the foil and strip the grill down to the firebox for scraping and vacuuming. Tends to work well.

Slight tangential question: HOW do you clean you grates? Mine is much bigger than my kitchen sink, so I end up cleaning one quarter at a time and rotating it around. It also makes a mess around the counter around the sink.

The Ironwood 885 is a huge grid and it was tough to find something to fit and I came across this.

They have several sizes, but they make a great way to soak your grid in a citrus degreaser before you add some elbow grease to work on them. Here's the sizes they have.

20"x15"
30"x15"
32"x24" (fits Ironwood 885)
40"x32"

Only cleaned once so far, but lots of rotation in the sink...not very efficient ☹️. Just been spraying cleaner and wiping down. Have the wood scrapper on order as well.

Have the wood scrapper on order as well.

I LOVE Traegers wood scrapper... it does a seriously awesome job on the chunks, leaving an easy grate to clean futher

Your supposed to clean the grate??

how do you use it...do have to soak it? or dilute it? etc etc.

how do you use it...do have to soak it? or dilute it? etc etc.

When I do pull the grid out for a good cleaning (bought once a month), lay the grid in the ;an and spray the Zep citrus on it and let it work for 10 minutes, then spray it some more and let it work for another 5 before going to work on it soft scrub pad. Then hose it off and and let it dry or put it back in the grill and fire it up for a few minutes to dry it in place.

I have a 1300 and found a grate wash tray on Amazon (24x36x8)I.
I soak the grill in hot water (10 min). Then I use a nylon scrub pad, I use Traeger cleaner on the tough spots then let them dry in the side and then reassemble...

I have a 1300 and found a grate wash tray on Amazon (24x36x8)I.
I soak the grill in hot water (10 min). Then I use a nylon scrub pad, I use Traeger cleaner on the tough spots then let them dry in the side and then reassemble...
Not doing very well locating this item....do you have a link?

Latest Discussions

Back